Front end of car points up when hitched

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 7, 2006
Visit site
sorry for the speling when i contacted the cc they said that the nose whight shoud be 7%of the laden caravan wich rules out most caravans for my 807 wich has a nose whight limit of 76kg

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Forget about that 7% formula. Use the lower of the two figures specified for car and caravan respectively. The 7% formula probably originated in the days when noseweights were not specified by the manufacturers and owners didn't have anything better to go by but it really is an out-of-date recommendation.

Sep 10, 2006
Visit site
I have a similar problem. I changed my Scenic 1.8 petrol for a Mondeo estate 130 tdci. Same caravan - just wanted the extra estate load space and extra grunt. My caravan is a 1992 Swift Corvette Diamond (Maximum Laden weight only 1000kg - from the hand book)and I use a nose weight gauge every time I load the van. I also use a Bulldog 200Q stabliser. When hitching the van to the car the back of the car does appear to be lower than I would have expected. When I attach the stabiliser the back end is forced down even further. The car seems to tow without any problem but the steering does feel a touch light. I never had this problem with the Scenic and I would have expected no problem with the heavier and more powerful Mondeo. I have read elsewhere that the Mondeo does have soft suspension. Is that the problem or am I missing something?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts