Front locker - what's in yours?

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Since purchasing our 'van, I've kept lots of bits in the front locker ..... besides the gas bottle of course. My contents have included blocks for the steadies, levelling ramps, awning groundsheet, waste water pipes, bucket and ground pegs.
I've recently had a good sort out and re-loaded the locker, moving some of the contents to storage boxes that can be carried in the 'van, reducing the nose-weight (Sorry, mentioned the 'N' word!! :eek:hmy: )

Just to be nosey and perhaps get some advice or ideas to further improve my loading, I wondered what others keep in their front locker ...... assuming the 'van has one of course, so ...... over to you! :)

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Very little since I weighed the van on a weighbridge last year and found it overweight. Front locker now has 2x Calorlite cylinders, foam squares for porch awning, aquaroll handle, water fill pipe, watering can to fill toilet tank, waste coupler, and selection of waste hose for serviced pitch. ;)

So, other than the cylinders and handle everything else is lightweight plastic.

Edit - plus steady winder handle and 2x blocks of lightweight wood.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, for our six week trip in France, got back this morning, we had three calor light bottles, (only used 3/4 of a bottle) water pipes, for waste water and filling aqua rolls water pumps, Fire bucket, with Blue and Pink, dogs drinking water bucket, all things apart from the gas bottles were light plastic, oh and spray cleaner for the towball and hitch. And the "N" weight was still only 80kg.
A week at home and off to the Woosie Fest.
Hutch.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
The spare wheel lives in ours as part of the design. Apart from that I have two 6kg propane bottles, the brake cleaner and wire wool for the tow ball, the grey water hoses, wheel chocks, pink and blue, the caravan soap, gas canisters for the emergency stove and the brace for the stabilisers. I used to have the areal and pole for the telly (gone because we don’t take a telly), the emergency kampa stove (it’s not really for emergencies although it was when we were tenting, we use it to brew up or heat up beans and so on when we’re group camping these days) but I have taken the stuff out as the N word was too much. I have also taken to removing one of the gas bottles for transit as the n word was still too high, that now sits in the boot alongside the butane bottle that we use for the cadac. When you add up the weight, 6kg of gas on top of the tare weight of the bottle and you are adding significant weight to the locker. And before anyone says anything about gas bottles in cars we were tenters for years and we didn’t tow a separate gas locker for our gas bottles back then so I am more than happy to have them in the boot now. The hitch lock and wheel clamp incidentally also travel in the car when not actually deterring thieves.
the nose weight gauge travels in the locker, as does the motor mover engaging brace and battery drill socket on a stick.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Two propane gas bottles one of which is always partially empty, four wooden blocks for the corner steadies, two Flamma levelling ramps, the waste hog waste water container, 3 meters of crinkly waste hose and a small plasic bucket containing the gas bottle spanner and toilet chemical containers.
Apart from the propane bottles all light but bulky items, wouldn't want my often innacurate battery powered bathroom scales to cause me to be to be a kg or two over my 100 kg nw limit now would I? :evil: :whistle:

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Two gas bottles, toilet fluid, handle for Aquaroll, winder for legs, a jack and assorted bits of wood for leveling and a few tools. I am aware of the need to keep the weight down but these seem to be the most appropriate for this space.

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Lol!! ^^^
Thanks for the replies up to now, I'm reassured that what is in the locker should be in there, although it would seem than that I'm the only one that keeps the pink and blue in the bathroom ...... :whistle:

Keith

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
A ten & seven kg Safefill refillable gas bottle ( 28kg ) when both full with 17kg of gas ( equivalent to a full 13kg calor bottle but less than two old steel 6kg ones ) a pair of leveling ramps witb chocks, aquaroll & handle, filling pipe, and a bottle of liquid to test for gas leaks... The blue travels in the cassette compartment and only carry half a bottle at the very most, when on site it sits in the bathroom cupboard under the sink ... we don't use pink fluids ....

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
What about other lockers/cupboards. The OH has got an iron in one and an ironing board in another. :eek:hmy:

Does she not realise she is on holiday............leave it at home :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :lol:

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Just had the first trip down to minhead the other week with the new(ish) caravan and my nose weight was 85kg although the cars max nose weight is 100kg, I did not like the performance and ride at that weight so now I have changed one of the gas bottles to a 3.9 and removed all other items to a crate and stored in rear storage area under the bed now the nose weight is under 75kg,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts