Front Lockers

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Following on from @Buckmans post. What does your front locker look like, how much is in there. Have seen lockers that are packed, so much so, things fall out when opened.

All I have in there is:-

Two Calorlite bottles.
Eight square levelling blocks,
Fire bucket, Carried it for years, don't know why.
Watering can inside that bucket.
Toilet fluids , including the pink stuff, smells nice.
EHU Cable.
Various bits of waste pipes.
Nose weight gauge.
And that's it.Locker 1.jpg

;

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Following on from @Buckmans post. What does your front locker look like, how much is in there. Have seen lockers that are packed, so much so, things fall out when opened.

All I have in there is:-

Two Calorlite bottles.
Eight square levelling blocks,
Fire bucket, Carried it for years, don't know why.
Watering can inside that bucket.
Toilet fluids , including the pink stuff, smells nice.
EHU Cable.
Various bits of waste pipes.
Nose weight gauge.
And that's it.View attachment 2162

;
Mine had one gas bottle, spare wheel, trac mats (sometimes), levelling blocks, toilet fluids and aquaroll handle and tyre track pump.

May 23, 2021
Visit site
In ours we have two 6 kg propane bottles (one empty, awaiting exchange), EHU lead on reel, box of feet, box of raising blocks, toilet fluids plus jug, two kneeling pads. I think that's all. Any other tools, winder etc. live in the car boot.

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
I don't know. My Crusader's front locker won't open high enough for me to see in - I exaggerate, but it's almost true.
Maybe Elddis's design team operated on the basis of "ignorance is bliss"?

PS. Where the heck did you still obtain Calor Light bottles?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Our end kitchen Xplore is nose light, so we tend to put quite a bit in ours as well as stuff on the van floor forward of the axle to maintain stability
Mel

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
One gas only. Electric hook up cable then my water waste pipes (plumbers) and joiners and bends plus three empty water cans (plastic) and that's about it. Oh small bottle distilled water just for emergency alde fluid top up and one 1 litre toilet fluid.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Most people use a nose weight gauge for their caravan and not their car?
My car nose-weight/ hitch load was the limiting factor in most of the caravans I’ve owned except for a Discovery 2 and Sorento where their hitch load exceeded the caravans specified noseweight.

Aug 15, 2021
Visit site
I think I'm going for the record here ....
Scissor jack, levelling ramp, 2 door mats, Calor light gas bottle, toilet fluid, wheel clamp, hitch lock, 2x5m fresh water hoses, waste pipe fittings & hoses, noseweight guage, plastic bucket containing 12 wooden levelling blocks & 2 chocks, assorted lubricant sprays, aquaroll handle, bottle top-up mix for Alde heating, steady winder, hook-up & extra mains cables, spare water pump, hitch cover. And possibly a few more little bits I can't think of!
Noseweight 85-95kg, but only if we put the awning just forward of the axle.

Last edited:
Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm going for the record here ....
Scissor jack, levelling ramp, 2 door mats, Calor light gas bottle, toilet fluid, wheel clamp, hitch lock, 2x5m fresh water hoses, waste pipe fittings & hoses, noseweight guage, plastic bucket containing 12 wooden levelling blocks & 2 chocks, assorted lubricant sprays, aquaroll handle, bottle top-up mix for Alde heating, steady winder, hook-up & extra mains cables. And possibly a few more little bits I can't think of!
Noseweight 85-95kg, but only if we put the awning just forward of the axle.
I think you have blown the record :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
One or two Calorlites depending on gas levels, fire bucket with the pink and Blue bottles, Aqua roll handle, waste pipes, and dogs water bucket. And a spare jacking foot for the jocky wheel.

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
When travelling we usually have one gas bottle, a pair of 18L water containers, grey waste hose, a bag of fresh water connectors. A pair of plastic ramps. When static - much more.

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
Two 5kg Flogas lite bottles, grey waste hose, four corner steady blocks, leveling ramp, toilet fluid, bucket, aquaroll handle, hitch cover, that's about it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It should not be a competition to see how much or how little you can put in a front locker. The critical factor is the noseload that should be within both the car and caravans limits as well as ensuring there isn't too much end loading which contributes to instability.

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
It should not be a competition to see how much or how little you can put in a front locker. The critical factor is the noseload that should be within both the car and caravans limits as well as ensuring there isn't too much end loading which contributes to instability.
I didn't feel this was a competition, I suspect each of us adjusts the front locker content with noseload in mind.
Ours is kept to what I feel is the minimum forward of the axle and the nose load is 100kgs, which is OK for both caravan and car. Overall we're 20kgs below mtplm.

Pterodactyl's 'record' achieves a good 85kg noseweight.

Reactions: DaveA1 and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts