front panel problems on baileys

Sep 1, 2006
Visit site
I own a bailey ranger 550/6 which I brought new in 2002 after 18 months a crack appeared on the front panel by the roof and panel trim after many phones calls a new one was fitted.I have now just comw back from France August 06 and have noticed that three small cracks have appeared.I have been in contact with Bailey and have come to the conclusion that their attitude stinks all they kept saying was its out of warranty and offered no help what so ever The only problem i have is that I cannot prove I had the third service done will it was under warranty If i have the repair done its going to cost me at least £2000 sorry to go on a bit thats a lot of money to spend if so far down the line the same thing happens again anyone out help me

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew sorry to hear about your problem .

You must remember where you had the 3rd service done and how you paid for it . If you paid by credit card or cheque it will be easy for the credit card compay/bank to provide you with a copy of the payment and the date of the transaction, and the dealer to provide a copy receipt of the service . Coljac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

I also have a 550/6 ( 2005 ) that required a new front panel last April. The repair was carried out reasonably quickly and they seem to have done a pretty good job of it.

What worries me from your posting is that Bailey deem your latest failure of the front panel to be out of warranty. I was under the impression ( maybe mistakenly ) that Bailey had a six year water ingress warranty and your latest problem with the front panel would fall into that category.

Also, am I right in thinking that Bailey don't want to entertain your problem because you can't prove that you have kept up with your annual services ?

If so, is this a mandatory requirement from them because I can't remember being told that my warranty would lapse without regular servicing.

Regards,

Mike.

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, we also have a 2005 Bailey Ranger (500/5) which has had a similar repair (along with the rear panel, floor and roof). Like Mike's, ours was repaired in a fortnight to what would appear to be a high standard.

Mike, When we bought our van the salesman did point out that the warranty was conditional upon regular servicing, and I am not sure but I think that is also confirmed in the handbook. Similar to a car warranty you have a 'window of opportunity' in which to get it serviced which I think is up to a month either side of the anniversary of the purchase date.

Oct 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi just a short note panals that were made between 2003-2005 were all faulty, some split and some did note, this goes for all caravan makers.

It is the same company that makes the panals, whither they are plastic or fiberglass.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts