Front Window Damage

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Went to inspect the caravan, 2004 Bailey Ranger, which is on a local storage site, yesterday, must say its a few weeks since last seen, and found the front window with a large crack from the top Nr side hinge. It looked like a fish tank with ice floating on the water. Reading other forums this is not unique. So after draining the window, drilled two small holes, and sealing with mastic, I now need a new large panoramic window. Glad to say the interior is dry with no leaks into the van. Ive been on the phone most of the day to breakers, with no luck in finding a used spare. Last resort is the dealers, but if anyone knows any where I may not have tried it would be helpful. Realy need to get like for like to save hassle with size, shape etc.
Thanks Bri

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not cheap options, but if all else fails try Miriad for a new window, or Exhaust Ejector Co (EECO) who will make a new exact replica of your old one, but they need the old one as a pattern so you would need to waterproof the van whilst it is away, normally about 7 days.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replys, i will phone GW in the morning although their is nothing on their Ebay shop.
Shall also get quotes from the othe two.

Thank's Bri

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
Not cheap options, but if all else fails try Miriad for a new window, or Exhaust Ejector Co (EECO) who will make a new exact replica of your old one, but they need the old one as a pattern so you would need to waterproof the van whilst it is away, normally about 7 days.
Your right Damian, Miriad have them in stock but what a price,
£672.88ea
+ Carriage
+ VAT
That equates to £807.45 +carrage. Methinks I shall look around a bit longer before buying one off them. Still waiting for a quote from EECO. Van still a bit young to be turning up at the scrappers yards so its a struggle finding one with them. I could bung a large piece of ply board in there and paint it white, what do you think
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
Bri

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
littlebasher said:
Try here

http://www.gwcaravansalvage.co.uk/index.htm
He's got way more parts than he lists on his website
For ref, the number to phone for GWcaravansalvage is 01909 726600 which puts you through t a very nice woman who can tell you yay or nay in an instant. The number on the website gets a guy who asked me to phone this number. Nay was the answer,
smiley-cry.gif
, shall just have to keep looking.
Bri

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You could try Premier Towing Centre who are repairers and caravan breakers in the West Midlands. They do an online mail order parts service and they usually have quite a few used caravan windows in stock. (Their website said 'hundreds')
The window need not necessarily have been fitted to a Bailey Ranger previously, as long as the size is the same it won't matter so you will need to measure your windows as per the instructions on the Premier website from the windows link shown.
Premier is just down the road from me and I bought a second hand side window from them for an Ace Viceroy some years back for £80 so fingers crossed that they can help you.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote "
Your right Damian, Miriad have them in stock but what a price,"

I know,,,,,,,every time I have to order a window for a customer I make sure they are sitting down and have my phone ready to call the Paramedics.
I think I would be better keeping a defibrilator in the van!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have you tried contacting Baileys direct , they will have the code reference for the front window fitted to your van, It must have been one of the first to have the single window fitted, earlier Rangers had the three front windows fitted.

TRENDING THREADS