Frontera vs Galaxy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Any one got any ideas about swapping our 2.2DTi Frontera for a 115 ps 1.9TDi Galaxy? The Frontera tows really well but it doesnt have a 3-point seat belt on the centre seat and child number 3 is nearly due! We have a Bailey Ranger 550/6 approx 1350kg so a reasonable match for both

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I find my Galay a great towcar with plenty of room.

I have a 115bhp Diesel AUTO towing a Bailey Pagaent.

MPG is about 24-27 towing and I am getting 39mpg overall solo.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have spent the last 2 years towing a 550/6 ranger with a Sharan (same as Galaxy) and had never towed before. As a family car Glaxy is great and swallows family and luggage easily. Getting bikes on roof can be tricky so given up on that. As for perfoemance, used to return approx 28-30 mog towing and 45 mpg solo. Outfit felt very stable. Only ever struggled once getting off a wet site up a steepslope and being front wheel drive the wheels span. Made it in the end though!I now tow with a Dscoverry (old shape) and have to say the Sharan felt more stable on the motorway as the disco has a tendancy to wobble.I did sometimes feel my Sharan was a little light on power and always hoped they might squeeze the 2.5 V6 diesel from the Audi A6 in to it but never did. Go for the Galaxy and you will not be disappointed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have you considered a Kia Sedona we have used one to tow for the last 18 months and wouldn't have anything else now. We get around 425 miles to a full tank solo and exactly the same towing. The new Sedonas come with dvd payer as standard, air con and are very comfortable even for 3 adults and 4 kids travelling to Italy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i tow a 510/4 ranger with my sedona 2.9 crdi. 143 bhp makes for effortless driveing and a kirb weight of 2200kgs makes for a good match for 1250 kgs for van. try one you wont be dissapionted

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Claire seems to think that the extras on her Kia are something special. My Galaxy has a 6 CD auto changer, Aircon, and cruise Control.

I get good mpg (up to 45 solo).

It must come down to a personal choice, but many of us on this and other forums

(e.g. www.carvanning-online.co.uk), prefer the Galaxy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi bj before i got my sedona i road/family tested every mpv on the market, as you say it is down to personal choice,i found the galaxy/sheran lacked room,i am 6ft 4 tall, and my oldest is same height and we could not sit in the middle row of seats, lack of head room and leg room.the kia was the only one that gave us this room, and the price as well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I've towed my Lunar Solar Eclipse 615, which is about the same weight, with two Galaxy's over the past 4 years, both have been great i'd recommend a Galaxy every time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts