Fuel is Rising

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
I am sick at the price of fuel and the thing is it is going up by a further 8p per litre in December and now is the time for pressure on the goverment at the moment I am in the early stags of arranging a go slow protest with fellow caravanners I am from Durham and the police will be consulted and I will hopefully get the permission to do this I am looking for fellow caravnners to join in with there caravan in tow or anyone with motorhomes to show the goverment that it affects everyone and if you want to arrange one in your local area there is nothing stopping but do remember to abide by the law anyone who is interested please e mail me my address is as follows: finners62@tiscali.co.uk

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
diesel has gone up 1 pence per litre each day for the last 3 days in stockport manchester, it now stands at 105.9 per litre.

We keep hearing about protests but nothing comes of them, it really is time the complete p****s we have in westminster where shown that we have had enough, no other country rips of the car owner in the way ours does, even Lpg is now 56 pence per litre, where will it end.

I read an article not too long ago where a survey had found that fuel would have to get to 150 per litre before people would give up thier cars, well the way its rising at the moment thats about a year away.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
I remember the last fuel blockade,it was ok for a few days then it started to inconvenience people and the protesters lost all support.The government have done nothing and the fuel card that promised cheaper fuel if all the public signed up has come to nothing as the fuel companies are not interested.50% of all cars sold in the Uk are company cars which means around the same have a fuel card so cost doesnt worry them as they pay a fixed cost in tax.

G

Anthony wrote: "I am looking for fellow caravnners to join in with there caravan in tow or anyone with motorhomes to show the goverment that it affects everyone"

Isn't that gonna be a waste of fuel?!?!
icon_lol.gif

And the government probably still won't do anything about it.
icon_evil.gif

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
They cant get pipeline off the ground,none of the big companies or the supermarkets are interested in doing it,their only hope is one of the smaller companies ,but they dont have as many stations around the country,if this was going to work it would have by now.

The government wont do anything,look at all the extra money they are raking in from tax 75% of the price of a litre is tax!!!

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
pipeline card has been going for about 18 month now and most on here are allready registered but as has allready been said it will never get off the ground unless one of the larger outlets joins in.

still it does no harm to register if you havent done so allready, at the end of the day its a contact point for discruntalled drivers.

Oh and ive just had a call from my wife, diesel has gone up another penny overnight, thats 4 pence in 4 days !!.

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Anthony, go slow protests only inconvenience the other drivers on the road who are already paying too much for the fuel anyway.

It is a pointless exercise which will only enrage people against caravanners more.

Don't do it, the Government will NOT listen.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Pipeline Card ? ....... I joined up when it started but nothing has happened and I really don't think it will get going.

Protests, go slows etc etc ? ........ a complete waste of time as the Government really do not give a flying fig.

The only ones to get anything out of this sort of action are the Police who might get some overtime (NOT a criticism).

I honestly believe that the only way to change things is through the ballot box BUT ........ I still meet people who moan and shout about fuel prices, tax rises etc and blame the Government yet don't bother to vote.

Oh well rant over lol.

Steve

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Unless you can think of some way to persuade the billion plus Chinese that they'd be much happier keeping their bicycles rather than driving around in cars, get used to high fuel prices.

And from a professional point of view, I can't see OPEC increasing crude oil production just so that we can have cheaper fuel - and reduce their earnings by producing more.

Robert

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
What's the emoticon for smug?

Just filled up this morning at 98.9 (petrol).

ASDA still charging 100.9, less 2p for paying with their credit card.

Going to London this weekend, so I will be checking location of the ASDA stations on the round trip.

And if you think fuel prices are bad, just think yourself lucky you don't have to buy a rail ticket at the last minute!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
pipeline card has been going for about 18 month now and most on here are allready registered but as has allready been said it will never get off the ground unless one of the larger outlets joins in.

still it does no harm to register if you havent done so allready, at the end of the day its a contact point for discruntalled drivers.

Oh and ive just had a call from my wife, diesel has gone up another penny overnight, thats 4 pence in 4 days !!.
Yeah justnoticed the same at asda in Hartlepool now

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
The government will not be happy until the roads are empty so they can drive around in there cheurffer driven limos with no holds up then they wont miss the flight that we buy them and only they can afford due to fuel prices to goto brussels for a lavish meal and a good drink at OUR expense so they can sign away more of our rights.

Do they not understand that the cost of everything goes up with high fuel prices food,goods the lot. I thought one of gorden browns policies was to get people above the poverty line NOT put more under it.It costs that much now to live in this country that i have to work more overtime spending less time with my family.

I am extreamly patriotic and I love our country but at this rate i wont be able to afford to live here.

Anyway sorry about the rant but i does say to let off steam in the title

Andy.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Its this government's ambition to have a two tier society.

The rich and the very poor.

Ordinary people have had it too good for too long. Its got to be reversed. The way is to mess up education and make it expensive [except if your a Scott]. Keep wages down so everybody is poor, by high immigration, everybody off the roads. And if you dare to have any money when you die, tax it away.

Just like the good old times!!!

Edd

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I was over in the UK last week and I was surprised how many people there were still queueing to fill up at petrol stations that were several pence per litre more expensive than others only a few hundred yards up the road. With that sort of customer behaviour it's hardly surprising that the petrol companies are rubbing their hands with glee.

Also noticeable (at least in the South East where I was, maybe elsewehere is different) was that prices were relatively stable, with the only movement being upwards about once a week. Over here on the Continent pricing is much more volatile with prices going up and down daily like a yoyo, sometimes even changing more than once in a day (although obviously also here there is a tendancy to go more up than down). For example, where I live, I've often found prices dropping 3 or 4 Eurocents per litre on Thursday mornings, only to raise again over the weekend.

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
It wont make me give up caravanning. It might make me think about not travelling as far as I have been used to. After all, one site is much the same as another. (I'm talking Caravan Club Sites here). Ken

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
We have been camping now for 43 years in caravans and motorhomes,so looking at the fuel prices we will have to investigate more about uk travel vs mainland Europe. We live only 35 miles from Dover so it would only be the crossing fee and in this months CC magazine Norfolkline can do it for

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Geoffery wrote: Is there a lot of comment about rising fuel prices making people give up caravanning?⇦br/>

I think that the first signs are here. I might be wrong, but I can't recall seeing so many ( newish) caravans for sale on ebay at this time of year.

By next spring we might be seeing the first mass wave of people exiting the game. It's happening a bit faster than I antic pated - the odds are high now for one of the 'big three' UK makers to go bust in 2008, not to mention some well known accessory suppliers.

It's sad and painful - but I really do believe that it will all be over bar the shouting in five years (actually, that was my original estimate - perhaps it will be more like 3 years)

I bought our current van expecting it to be the last one I'll ever own - it's due for it's first service in the spring, I might get it done but I'm very tempted to save the money because, in two or three years, it won't matter whether the van has been serviced/damp tested or not - it will be virtually unsellable except at a give-away price.

We're drawing to the end of a transport era - everyone (not just caravaner's) will be affected - but those of us who tow a tonne and half behind us will certainly be among the fist to suffer.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
We were planning to tour round devon and cornwall next season but the way prices are rising it looks like the lake district again for us not that i dont like the lakes but we have been going there for years and we must have been to all the touring spots, lakes, farms and museums and things like that thats why we were going somewhere different but we will see.

Considered selling the van but the wife catagorically said NO CHANCE! so that was that.

Hopefully the price will come down but i wont hold my breath I just wont be able to go away as often as i would like.

Its a sad state of affairs really but thats the way it is cos brown wont do anyting to help IF he is still in a job ha ha.

Cheers,

Andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts