Fuel queues.

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Got home no problem, nice pleasant drive. But before leaving someone asked if I had managed to get fuel. So I told him what I reported above. He said he tried all of them, they were empty. He had to look on the motorway. He filled up but at £1.57

John
Hi John i am pleased you got home well done :)

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday went to collect some medication from our surgery and it is a 8 mile round trip. They only had some of the order and told me to return today after 11am.
Went today to collect balance and nothing available as no delivery due to no fuel. Not their fault but surely a phone call to advise would have been helpful and saved me a trip.
Unfortunately I have to go back tomorrow again to collect the balance and again on Thursday to collect another prescription.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
This morning we had massive queues at Morrisons, three miles away, we havve a Jet garage with full supplies and a huge queue of two. Needless to say, I joined in and panic bought some fuel, and whilst there I panic bought a Yorkie Bar.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
This morning we had massive queues at Morrisons, three miles away, we havve a Jet garage with full supplies and a huge queue of two. Needless to say, I joined in and panic bought some fuel, and whilst there I panic bought a Yorkie Bar.

A proper drivers chocolate. I know a good joke involving a Yorker bar, a hitch hiker and a lorry driver. Sorry, I can’t print it!

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I never bought or tasted a Yorkie Bar so would have panic bought a Mars bar instead. :D

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I am pleased you top up with fuel did you enjoy your Yorkie bar :cool:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Went out today and queue not too bad. Esso was only allowing a maximum of £35. I manage to cheat and get £35.01 of fuel. LOL!
Now got enough fuel in the Jeep to last us about 2 weeks as we only use it on Wednesdays and Saturdays when not out and about. Only one medical appointment for Covid booster in Oct so hopefully by then the sheep have returned to normality and fuel CRISIS is a forgotten memory.

Reactions: otherclive

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
We had to take our van for a service today a trip of 270 miles one way. Started with a full tank and from Skye to Kirkcaldy saw only one station closed at Fort William. All others open and no queues but quite a number with petrol pumps locked up. Diesel not a problem.

Got to Kirkcaldy on half a tank so was a bit concerned about getting home day after tomorrow as we all know you go further on the top half of the tank than the lower half.

Managed to fill up at Kirkcaldy no problem. Noticed the station had no E10 unleaded but did have the old, now more expensive, E5. Again diesel no problem

Also noticed a pub with a sign outside.... Beer shortage, panic buy here!

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Approx 15 gal tank if I fill right to the brim. AVE mpg when towing, 35. Range 15 X 35 =525. Half a tank 262.5

When not towing approx 58 mpg.

Qashqai 1.5dCi

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Locally our Tesco Convenience, Esso, BP and Sainsbury’s all have fuel and no queues with prices about about normal.
We are pre-empting the next crisis by buying Xmas stuff that has long dates. The beef, lamb poultry are already in freezers with some local reared fresh meat on order for collection Xmas Eve. . So freezer stuff may come in for Easter 😀

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Locally our Tesco Convenience, Esso, BP and Sainsbury’s all have fuel and no queues with prices about about normal.
We are pre-empting the next crisis by buying Xmas stuff that has long dates. The beef, lamb and already in freezers with some local reared fresh meat on order. So freezer stuff may come in for Easter 😀
This morning got an email from Sainsbury advising that we can order now for Christmas. These supermarkets like to get an early start.
As we don't buy turkey for Christmas we have already got our leg of lamb from last Christmas when I could not eat a Christmas dinner and no point in OH making a dinner for good self. In food cupboard we found we now have 2 x Christmas puddings waiting to be consumed.
We will probably we away in the caravan for Christmas anyway.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Last night a government spokesperson said it might be wise for motorists to keep their tanks with enough fuel in them. Today my wife went to Sainsbury’s for groceries and the queues for fuel were choking traffic back to the A4. When she came out the staff had taken the disabled car park out of use, in order to divert vehicles queuing for fuel. She was told the queues started forming at 0630. I had to admit to her that I put a half a tank full into the Scoobie just in case, but no queuing for me. Then she admitted she had filled hers up too and no queuing at an Esso adjacent to Sainsbury’s

Bet Lidls EV charging points were available though.
Seems to be a problem in some areas only,no queues where I live

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Agreed, it seems to be more in the South East that is worst affected. Whilst there is an undoubted shortage of drivers (should have treated us better), this is another example of irresponsible reporting, and personally I wish i could get hold of the two bit hack that started all this.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I was talking to my next door neighbours daughter yesterday who works at the Gloucester services. She said they have always had fuel, and consistently receive two tankers per day. I don’t know if that between the north and south or each way.

Shows that the motorways are being prioritised as stated.

Also, just read this story about 20 cars following a tanker for miles which was carrying mortar!

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We went shopping this morning, and on the way home the queue of cars outside a local garage wasn't too bad 15 minutes I thought. So followed the other sheep, got to the pump, NO Diesel, oh well. 90 miles range left.
And the motorbike is down to the last 10 litres.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was talking to my next door neighbours daughter yesterday who works at the Gloucester services. She said they have always had fuel, and consistently receive two tankers per day. I don’t know if that between the north and south or each way.

Shows that the motorways are being prioritised as stated.

Also, just read this story about 20 cars following a tanker for miles which was carrying mortar!

John
Unbelievable that he was harangued by a following “ sheep” and told he should have stopped and told them he was carrying cement. Pity he didn’t put it into reverse by accident claiming he felt threatened.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Unbelievable that he was harangued by a following “ sheep” and told he should have stopped and told them he was carrying cement. Pity he didn’t put it into reverse by accident claiming he felt threatened.
However by the same token perhaps none of the vehicles behind were able to over take the tanker due to road conditions, but it made a good twist for a tale and driver of the tanker made the news?
Chances of all those cars in the queue behind the tanker actually following the tanker for fuel is a bit remote as some may just have been stuck in the queue although they were going elsewhere? Just saying. :ROFLMAO:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts