Full awning or summer awning to Vendee coast

Apr 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

We are off to Camping du Jard, La Tranche sur Mer at the beginning of August. Have previously been to Venice and southern France and have only taken a summer awning with the caravan rather than the full awning.

However with this holiday being on the Atlantic coast and not as far south i am unsure of which awning to take.

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated

Thanks

Dawn

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
Dawn went to Royan last summer and we use a cannopy which was great during the day but at night temperture did drop which left area on site very damp.If you like sitting out at night take your full awning as it was chillie,lots of people on site had full awnings and canopies suppose its down to preference,even though you are on the atlantic side of france when the weather is nice its superb but be warned weather can still be mixed.

G

"the weather can still be mixed" :)

Our eastern coast will give many great weeks long sunny summer days and warm nights. At times in sumer the winds will blow and the rains come for days on end with dark skies and cloud al along the southern Brittany coast and down past La Trache and the Gironde.

If you want a guarantee to be able to sit out at night take the full awning if the walls are all removeable. On the western coast of France be prepared to take a summer shade awning down at night.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dawn,

I'd advise you to take your full awning because it can get pretty wet 'n' windy in the Vendee. we went to Camping Du Jard a few years ago and there was a bad storm lasting a couple of days. Our awning straps came in handy.

Anyway, it's lovely site, but make sure you're not pitched near the football court because you could have your car &/or van damaged by budding Beckhams.

Mark

G

Full awning, had it in the 90's for a week, next five days it rained none stop.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Dawn,

I would recommend taking your full awning, this would at least give you the option of being able to take the front or sides off if the weather is fine.

We went to the Vendee last year and the weather was mixed as the had a vry similar summer to ours. The Vendee can mirror our weather it's just that they get it twenty four hours earlier. First few days it was hot and we had the sides and front off but then the weather changed to more unsettled weather. We were then thankful we had the full awning and we could put the sides and front back on.

This is a lovely part of France and I am sure you will have a great time. Happy holidaying.

TRENDING THREADS