fully serviced pitch - whats needed

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Evening all, another daft question coming up....

We're booked on a fully services pitch for the first time (sandy balls) and keen to make to the most of services on the pitch.

I was wondering what the options are for hooking up to main water? I've seen the aqua roll main adaoptor kits, is this the best option?

We've an 08 Ace Jubilee with onboard pump.

Thanks in adavnce for any response.

Cheers

Gavin

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
our van is on a fully serviced pitch permanantly we use the adaptor kit expensive but well worth it, before we used it we ran out of water a few times using the adaptor means you can forget about filling the aquaroll up it does it automatically so you can forget about it during ur stay.

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi Gavin,

No such thing as a daft question. Most of the time folks are just daft for not asking!!

I would go with the Aquaroll mains adaptor if I were you. We have been using one for 4 years now and it is spot on. Simple, reliable and not too bulky to carry around in the front locker when not needed.

It is worth shopping round and investing in either the original Aquaroll extension hose or a similar one that uses food grade hosepipe since the length of hose provided with the kit is a bit on the short side. (We have a twin axle Ace that is quite long and the water points tend to be at the rear of the pitch).

Also, if you haven't done so already, make sure you purchase a long length of flexible waste pipe so that you can reach the drain point. The short one you are probably using now to go into your waste water container won't be long enough. If you haven't got a Y piece two into one for the waste pipe already (assuming you have two waste outlets on the Jubilee) then get one of those as well to save running two long lengths of waste pipe to the drain.

Must admit that having two young children, we do like fully serviced pitches as it makes bedtime showering a lot easier.

Tony

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Gavin,

No such thing as a daft question. Most of the time folks are just daft for not asking!!

agree with that tony, so much so that i will also ask about this set up.

we have been twice to a site that we had fully serviced ptch and i didnt take advantage of those points re the water feed and waste drainage, just used the aquaroll with pump and two hoses for the waste. only part of the service we used was the tv lead. so, we are going back there in august for seven days and have pre booked the same pitch. should i get one of the adaptor kits to take the water supply from the available outlet, and buy some length of waste pipe to run to the waste point at the rear of the pitch ?. i dont really have a problem with the aquaroll and whale pump set up as we dont use the shower, water is only refilled every two or three days. same with the waste disposal, the normal carrier is only about half full after two days, so, would it be worth my while changing my set up just to use the facility available ?.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
HI guys,

If you decide on the aquaroll adapter with a pretty high price tag look at Screwfix they do a float that is exactly the same and only needs the food grade hose,cant remember exactly whats it called but if some one doesnt beat me to it I'll have a look tomorrow. was going to buy one myself but now get the other half to take turns!!

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
McHighlander, we dont shower in the van and only have to empty the wast every 2/3 days as well, but we use the full set up for water into the aquaroll and out of the waste pipe for 1 reason olny (lazyness) no convenience, once you set up you have to do nothing with the water or waste suply untill you go home, and that is pack it away. If you want the convienience then go for it but if your not bothered about filling and emptying then save your money for that extra wee dram!

Were currenty on a full service pitch in cornwall and if we wernt hooked up to the water guess who would be out filling the aquaroll at this very moment rather than sitting here surfing me fav wesite

Kevin

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gavin

Personally we use the aquaroll with the mains adaptor.

As a rule of thumb always turn off the pump at night or when the caravan is left unattended. Taps and pipe work have been known to fail. You can imagine how much water can be pumped in an hour.

Take plenty of waste pipes and some long pegs and elasticated string. This will help you to arrange the waste into a neat "fall" away from the outlet to the drain.

SWMBO uses the shower a lot , lazy I guess, so fully serviced is a boon for me.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have been using the aquaroll float kit for a number of years now and I assume that is what everybody here is talking about. But there is an alternative called the Aquasource which plugs straight into the water inlet point on the caravan, so you dont need to carry the aquaroll with you at all. It still only comes with 7.5m of hose so an extension will be required in most cases.

Has any one any experience of this system as we are on a fully serviced pitch this year and are thinking of going down this road. The only advise I have heard offered is to turn the tap off at the pitch before going out for the day, just as a precaution, as was stated previously for the float system. Also costs around

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
i dont seem to get it re the aquaroll mains kit, how does this work ?, is there a hose you connect to the tap and then put other end in the aquaroll and fix the pump as normal ?.

if so, how can you not just connect from the tap and miss out the aquaroll altogether. trying to picture the set up but cant get it.

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
hi highlander

you can buy the hose to go direct to the van but going by other post about this it isnt very reliable, i would stick to using the auqaroll

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
What you have is a ball valve, a bit like the one in the cistern at home, when you use the water it fills back up, this does the same by filling the aquaroll up for you :eek:)

Aquaroll mains kit

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I obtained a spare large cap for my water hog, and a cistern **** from builders merchant. Cut suitable hole in cap, and insert valve. Cost about a tenner. I use a Whale extension hose to connect from the site tap.(The valve is the small type with a diaphragm instead of a ball on an arm)Snap on connectors from Wilkos. Cheap as chips. Why buy pricy ready made stuff with a trade name?

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I obtained a spare large cap for my water hog, and a cistern **** from builders merchant. Cut suitable hole in cap, and insert valve. Cost about a tenner. I use a Whale extension hose to connect from the site tap.(The valve is the small type with a diaphragm instead of a ball on an arm)Snap on connectors from Wilkos. Cheap as chips. Why buy pricy ready made stuff with a trade name?
Hi MacHighlander,

The aquaroll adaptor is as Derek described. Basically a compact float valve like you would find in a modern toilet cistern, attached to a spare aquaroll screw cap.

Assuming you use the aquaroll stood on its end, the adaptor screws onto the side hole of the aquaroll and the extenal pump stays in its original place. It is set up so that once the cap is screwed on tight, the float is in the correct position to work. The float valve is fitted with a standard male hozelock type fitting onto which you connect the length of hose that is supplied with the kit. The hoze in the kit has female type connectors on both ends, one of which I think has an autostop valve so water doesn't pour out if the hoze isn't connected to the valve. Also in the kit are a selection of adaptors with male ends to fit standard sized threaded taps.

It is pretty foolproof although once I accidentally got the float stuck against the external pump pipe inside the aquaroll so it didn't fill up.

Derek is also correct in saying that you could assemble one yourself for less than the asking price of the kit.

But it is important to use food grade hoze as I read somewhere that there are some rather nasty chemicals in standard garden hoze that can leach out.

If you don't fancy building an adaptor yourself, then search on the interweb. Vanplusdirect are doing the kit for

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
HI guys,

If you decide on the aquaroll adapter with a pretty high price tag look at Screwfix they do a float that is exactly the same and only needs the food grade hose,cant remember exactly whats it called but if some one doesnt beat me to it I'll have a look tomorrow. was going to buy one myself but now get the other half to take turns!!
its called a torbeck valve

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi MacHighlander,

The aquaroll adaptor is as Derek described. Basically a compact float valve like you would find in a modern toilet cistern, attached to a spare aquaroll screw cap.

Assuming you use the aquaroll stood on its end, the adaptor screws onto the side hole of the aquaroll and the extenal pump stays in its original place. It is set up so that once the cap is screwed on tight, the float is in the correct position to work. The float valve is fitted with a standard male hozelock type fitting onto which you connect the length of hose that is supplied with the kit. The hoze in the kit has female type connectors on both ends, one of which I think has an autostop valve so water doesn't pour out if the hoze isn't connected to the valve. Also in the kit are a selection of adaptors with male ends to fit standard sized threaded taps.

It is pretty foolproof although once I accidentally got the float stuck against the external pump pipe inside the aquaroll so it didn't fill up.

Derek is also correct in saying that you could assemble one yourself for less than the asking price of the kit.

But it is important to use food grade hoze as I read somewhere that there are some rather nasty chemicals in standard garden hoze that can leach out.

If you don't fancy building an adaptor yourself, then search on the interweb. Vanplusdirect are doing the kit for

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
We have a, now redundant, Aquasource as we have the new Truma water inlet and there is no adaptor for this for the Aquasource. However, when we could use it we found it worked exceptionally well, but don't leave it connected with the tap on when you are not in occupation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts