Fully serviced pitches

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If there was a choice would you prefer a fully serviced pitch with water and waste water connections in addition to EHU even if it meant paying extra or doesn't it bother you?

Secondly if a site had only fully serviced pitches with water and waste water hookup and no toilet facilities, would you use that site in preference to a site that has pitches with only EHU even if it meant costing you extra per night?

Lastly do you think sites should have more pitches with EHU, water and waste water connections?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If there was a choice would you prefer a fully serviced pitch with water and waste water connections in addition to EHU even if it meant paying extra or doesn't it bother you?

Secondly if a site had only fully serviced pitches with water and waste water hookup and no toilet facilities, would you use that site in preference to a site that has pitches with only EHU even if it meant costing you extra per night?

Lastly do you think sites should have more pitches with EHU, water and waste water connections?
No bothered
Depends on location we wish to visit
No, if it costs extra, but regrettably that’s the way of the world.

Reactions: DaveA1 and JezzerB
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Yes yes.
yes
Definitely Yes.
I can think of two CLs that only do fully serviced pitches
For years we have used our own bathroom facilities.
As a rule of thumb I empty the toilet every two days , long before it gets full.
The downside is I probably use more toilet fluids but what the heck.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes yes.
yes
Definitely Yes.
I can think of two CLs that only do fully serviced pitches
For years we have used our own bathroom facilities.
As a rule of thumb I empty the toilet every two days , long before it gets full.
The downside is I probably use more toilet fluids but what the heck.
Off topic for a moment. We no longer use the fluids preferring the tablets even though the cost a lot more. No smell, no mess and less weight.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site

1) We'd pay extra for fully serviced
2) We'd choose fully serviced where there's a choice
3) That's up to individual sites - they know, or should know, their market better than individual customers.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
1) We'd pay extra for fully serviced
2) We'd choose fully serviced where there's a choice
3) That's up to individual sites - they know, or should know, their market better than individual customers.
We have noticed that more and more sites are offering fully serviced pitches or increasing the number they already have on site. Finding these sites in the area where you have an interest can be a challenge.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have noticed that more and more sites are offering fully serviced pitches or increasing the number they already have on site. Finding these sites in the area where you have an interest can be a challenge.
That is why we go on location first, then pub/restaurant are foremost and other factors come after. We did have fully serviced last year in Norfolk and that pitch was cheaper than the CL pitches on the site which were £38. I took my drain hose along, but don’t bother with water hose as I’m told weight bearing excercise is good for older people 🙈

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Location, location, location. First for us. We have had 120 watts of solar for 5 years now, but never been off hook up to test it.

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When it comes to choosing sites and pitches, each caravanner will have their own criteria and they will know which areas they can compromise on if certain facilities are not available. For that reason the subject is very much down to personal preferences, and what suits one person may not be acceptable to another.

Camp site operators will have decided what facilities to offer, and they will probably understand the lack of some facilities will make their site less popular to some caravanners. That may be a deliberate choice on their part , or it might be a decision based on the relative costs/benefits of providing those facilities.

It all boils down to: If caravanners want to maximise their choices of sites, then they will have to lower their demands for facilities, and conversely if sites want to make their sites as popular as possible then they need to ensure they offer the widest range of facilities.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We look at a location and then check if any sites in the area have fully serviced pitches. We will when necessary use a site that offers only EHU on its pitch. We are not fussed about location of pitch unless it is in shade or under trees. View from pitch is irrelevant, Pub/restaurant/supermarket are way down on our criteria list.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I look for a site I like then I go for serviced if available, if not available I’d look for another site in the same area, so serviced is not an absolute criteria but it’s something I’m quite happy to pay a bit extra for, having the water on the pitch makes life so much easier as I only have to empty the loo and no trips over to the pot wash area just wash up in the van, so much easier.

BP

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
We do pay extra for fully serviced pitches-love them as it makes our caravan feel even more like a hotel on wheels.

We go for area-so if they were of equally good locations with public footpaths dog walks etc similarly close and where we wanted to go we'd probably pay a bit more and go all inclusive, but we like non serviced and have gone off piste before if it suits where we want to go-we're flexible.

Why not if it suits them-but as above they know their customers.
What we never do is use on site loos/showers. We like our own.

I think that stems from me-did loads of camping in my younger days and as a child-loved it but totally hated the walk over to the shower blocks carting towel etc just hate it still.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
We find the full service pitches are best for us and our start for this year is three already booked. Reason for going on these is I do not have to keep running over for water, waste and fresh. Also pitches booked are right where we want it which for me is side of lake etc.. So apart from the toilet walk twice or three times a week no problem . Cost , they are getting dearer and enjoyment we get from it is worth it.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
UK Campsite is our first port of call. They have filters so you can choose a fully serviced pitch anywhere in the U.K. They include CLs and CSs. And you can factor in local hostelries!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Location and Fully Service Pitches Adult parks well worth paying extra for Two Mills North Walsham Super Pitch Plus came with a patio we love it
Had to put this in the rinse on the caravan this season
Elsan Organic toilet fluid and rinse

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
UK Campsite is our first port of call. They have filters so you can choose a fully serviced pitch anywhere in the U.K. They include CLs and CSs. And you can factor in local hostelries!
DD I am in agreement with you we also use UK Campsite Adult Parks, fully service pitches hard standing dog Allowed and enclosed field

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Location and Fully Service Pitches Adult parks well worth paying extra for Two Mills North Walsham Super Pitch Plus came with a patio we love it
Had to put this in the rinse on the caravan this season
Elsan Organic toilet fluid and rinse
Beachball
We’re booked in there last week June first week July. Hope it’s ok. Sister has a rental barn and Two Mills looked ok for us on paper! If it’s rubbish I’ll have to puncture your ball🤪🤪👍

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Location, first, got to have a pub , within a 1/2 hours walk, then , fully serviced pitch if available, yes I would pay more for a pitch, It would be nice to see more sites with waste disposal on pitch.
I have tried the tablets/ sachets, nothing breaks down "Stuff " like Elsan double blue.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I never bothered with fully serviced pitches but I look for them now.
They make life in the caravan so much easier.
Because I wasn't bothered about fully serviced pitches I wasn't aware of how many sites have them.
We've found that some certified sites that we use have individual water taps and drains but they don't charge higher rates.
We tend to choose specific areas, some that we've already visited and one or two places where we haven't been before.

Reactions: JezzerB
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Always Use CLs, only ever had one that had water to each pitch that is in the lakes, no waste. would that be a half (fully serviced) pitch. Always location first, then book CL. That would be off grid if needs be, although these are few and far between, now-a-days.

Same as DD Elsan double blue.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Just wondering.
We've booked a fully serviced pitch in June and I'm tempted to purchase the aqua roll adapter to keep it half full.

Will the pipe with the electric pump hinder the float inside the aqua roll,and would a flat hose do the same job as a normal hose?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts