Fully serviced pitches

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Just wondering.
We've booked a fully serviced pitch in June and I'm tempted to purchase the aqua roll adapter to keep it half full.

Will the pipe with the electric pump hinder the float inside the aqua roll,and would a flat hose do the same job as a normal hose?
On the full service pitches you connect direct with tap and your hose to the Aqua roll with the float inside . As for the flat hose I have used them when we had a motorhome and they were quite good enough and cannot see reason not to use it for connecting to Aqua roll. You can do away with the waste container by having waste type hose from your unit direct to drain, way to go.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you Robert.
I do understand what you've said but wondered if the caravans electric pump(when inserted into the top of the aquaroll), would perhaps interfere with the float half way down .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
No It won’t Ade.
The mains adaptor is like your toilet cistern. The Aquaroll half fills and the float cuts off the supply. Your pump draws water from the bottom feeding the caravan taps.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you Dustydog.
Yes thats how I thought it works but what if the caravan pump pipe rests against the float interfering with the floats action.
Maybe I'm just being dumb🙈

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Relax. Never happened to me. And if it did it would overflow onto the ground. The float is on the side of the aquaroll internally whilst the pump pipe dangles centrally, near enough

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Ahh....I see.
Basically just try to angle the pump pipe away from the float then.

Yep....think I will add one of these to my never ending list then.
Thanks everyone👍

Feb 16, 2020
Visit site
Just wondering.
We've booked a fully serviced pitch in June and I'm tempted to purchase the aqua roll adapter to keep it half full.

Will the pipe with the electric pump hinder the float inside the aqua roll,and would a flat hose do the same job as a normal hose?
Used this set up for a few years never had an issue. Did not buy the aquarol unit as quite a lot of copies on Ebay a lot cheaper

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think, Frinton Mike , mentioned that Aldi had 10 meter, food grade flat hose for sale, someone else mentioned maybe the float for aqua roll as well. My Aqua roll one is old and if I haven't used it for a while it sticks open, and I have to dismantle it and fix then reinstal again.
Must do a permanant fix one day.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Would happily accept a fully serviced pitch if one was available. Would always look for EHU and a site with a shower block. Have utterly no intention of going off grid, did enough silly stuff like that as a sprog. Back to fully serviced, I am more than happy to pay the extra.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Beachball
We’re booked in there last week June first week July. Hope it’s ok. Sister has a rental barn and Two Mills looked ok for us on paper! If it’s rubbish I’ll have to puncture your ball🤪🤪👍
DD I hope you have a fantastic time .
Dog exercising areas are some of best I have seen .with plenty of walks around the site

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
For those that are members of the CAMC here is a link to a MAP of CLs that have fully serviced pitches. It includes CLs where there is a water connection but not waste water connection as waste water is drain into the hedgerow. See HERE!

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
For those that are members of the CAMC here is a link to a MAP of CLs that have fully serviced pitches. It includes CLs where there is a water connection but not waste water connection as waste water is drain into the hedgerow. See HERE!
Buckman very interesting map I print it for safe keeping (y)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What is the source of that link/map its very useful.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have sometimes taken fully serviced pitches although, if we were to do it on a regular basis I would invest in the equipment needed to connect to them. At the moment we are not really bothered about them.
We are also happy to use sites with no toilets as what we have on board is quite good so we accept the saving. Not sure that fully serviced pitches and no toilet block is a combination that would attract us but cannot remember ever having seen this.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

That’s a great link Ian. Thanks. Although serviced pitches are not high on our priorities, the links I tested from the CL map demonstrated that the owners really make an effort to show off their properties and what they and the area can offer.

Looking at the standard CL listings I am always amazed at how many make zero effort, little description and no photos. I know IT is not for everyone, but the basic is not that hard.

John

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I've had a Fully Serviced Pitch at Eye Kettleby Lakes, where the tap was too far away from the AquaRoll for the adapter kit hose to reach. It was annoying, but I was using the shower rooms, so water consumption was lower.

My preference is for a Fully Serviced pitch as I will be using the caravan facilities exclusively on future trips.

Offtopic: Elsan Green Organic is much nicer to use than the blue stuff.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I am moving towards serviced pitches mainly because as I get older and less able.

A couple of years ago I needed a mobility scooter. Then I had to always look for pitches as close to the service points as possible. I could have used the pitches reserved for the disabled, but I did not want to block those more in need. Also, we really don't like the idea of having a full view of the toilet block.

I can see it's a much greater problem for those less able to find ideal pitches. Perhaps this is something that the clubs and private sites should give more thought to.

Years ago we went with friends to a site in the French Jura. Thinking they were doing us, (their English friends), a better service we got prime position right next to the toilet block. It wasn't smelly at all but very busy. It would not have been our choice.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
In Scotland near Fort William we had booked a fully serviced pitch. on arrival the water and waste water points were in between pitches so you share the same tower.
Okay if the tower as on your offside but when it is on your nearside like with us a right PITA! Zero TV reception and radio very poor. We moved on the next day to a CAMC site.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am moving towards serviced pitches mainly because as I get older and less able.

A couple of years ago I needed a mobility scooter. Then I had to always look for pitches as close to the service points as possible. I could have used the pitches reserved for the disabled, but I did not want to block those more in need. Also, we really don't like the idea of having a full view of the toilet block.

I can see it's a much greater problem for those less able to find ideal pitches. Perhaps this is something that the clubs and private sites should give more thought to.

Years ago we went with friends to a site in the French Jura. Thinking they were doing us, (their English friends), a better service we got prime position right next to the toilet block. It wasn't smelly at all but very busy. It would not have been our choice.

John
I took our granddaughter three years ago to a CCC site in Dorset. We were guided to the only pitch left. Right adjacent to the facility block. From the kitchen window we could see users drying their hands under the blower. And hear them too.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had a Fully Serviced Pitch at Eye Kettleby Lakes, where the tap was too far away from the AquaRoll for the adapter kit hose to reach. It was annoying, but I was using the shower rooms, so water consumption was lower.

My preference is for a Fully Serviced pitch as I will be using the caravan facilities exclusively on future trips.

Offtopic: Elsan Green Organic is much nicer to use than the blue stuff.
My first break will only allowed you use this Elsan Green Organic in your toilet and rinse at this site .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts