Fully Serviced Pitches

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Our New van came with kit for these pitches last year.

A hose with fitting kit for taps and a built in pressure reducer (must have), so that your van id connected straight to the water. We also got a hose to run into drain.

Problem was that we found all but one site had fully serviced pitches full by the time we were able to book. The one "fully Seviced" site we used was in Eire and the drainage point was further than recomended distance, not a problem normally.

Being "plumbed in" we were able to use the vans shower with no worry about water level and of course I didn't have to haul the waste water!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kevin, set this up myself a few years ago, I bought a

Torbeck water valve (side fitting) to fit into the side of my then watercarrier - I've got an Aquaroll with the valve set into the sidee opening cap now. A hosepipe with connector between inlet on Torbeck valve and water tap.

The simple process is that when cold water reaches the height of the valve the water stops - as in a toilet cistern. The submersible pump then takes water into the caravan in the normal manner and the simple system keeps the water topped.

For the waste water I bought some rigid domestic overfolw pipe 1" dia and a collection of straight and elbow fittings. I made a simple modification to the waste outlet which allows me to push the 1" pipe directly into the waste outlet of the caravan,

By joining lengths together I can position the end over the drain. I have a junior hacksaw to cut pipes as required for length. Finally I ensure a gentle slope on the wastepipe by packing it up with bits of stone, wood or whatever, to give water flow. This lot takes a few minutes to set up but as I never have to carry any clean or waste water it's well worth the effort. Total cost

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Same as Tony on the aquaroll, I used the one they sell for the job. As for the waste water, I just got a t peice to get the 2 outlets to a single long flexible pipe. All got from the local caravan shop

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm having trouble locating food quality water hose.

Where can I get it? How much should I expect to pay per metre?

Steve W
Have you tried a plumber's merchant and I don't mean by the a B&Q or Homebase.

Failing that contact Aquaroll manufacturer and see if they sell it separately from the mains adaptor kit.

Vic

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
How do you connect the toilet cassette on a FULLY serviced pitch?

Or are they just part-serviced, ie electric, water and waste?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm having trouble locating food quality water hose.

Where can I get it? How much should I expect to pay per metre?

Steve W
If it's for your aqua roll, http://www.riverswayleisure.com/

will sell you an extension for your side fitting adaptor. The price isn't much more than getting hold of it through none caravan agencies, and delivery is fast. Check it out anyway.

Lol

G

Please think about that one before you ask?? Mind you maybe Thetford will come up with an attachment, at the moment it is called' walking to the disposal point'.

Nice try tho'.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Same as Tony on the aquaroll, I used the one they sell for the job. As for the waste water, I just got a t peice to get the 2 outlets to a single long flexible pipe. All got from the local caravan shop

Steve
Hi Steve, I didn't realise that Aquaroll sold the side float unit until after I had made mine up using my original Torbeck valve, I just bought a replacement screw on cap and drilled through that - not being a cheapskate - but total cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve, I didn't realise that Aquaroll sold the side float unit until after I had made mine up using my original Torbeck valve, I just bought a replacement screw on cap and drilled through that - not being a cheapskate - but total cost

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts