Galaxy 1.9 TD/2.3 Petrol

May 1, 2005
Visit site
I am currently looking to purchase one of the above from 1999 to 2001. Can anyone tell me the noseweight and max tow of either of these models. How good is the Galaxy for towing, would welcome comments.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you take a look at this website it will give details of tow weights etc of all cars and all models

www.cuddles.abelgratis.net

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
be very carefull with your quotes, whilst the galaxy does indeed have a max tow weight of 2000 kg it is the kerb weight which governs your limits. the galaxy petrol is a fine car if you can afford to have a petrol tanker following you everywhere as it is known to be very heavy on petrol. on the other end of the scale the galaxy tdi is the best tow car we have owned. we have previousely had citroen bx, a peugeot 406, and a landrover discovery. my galaxy is a zetec 1.9 tdi 130 bhp with a six speed manual gearbox, this model has a kerb weight of 1710 kg so it is capable of towing a good deal of the vans currently on sale. we have been using our galaxy to tow a coachman laser 590/4 which weighs 1690 kg fully laden so we had a match of 97%, although the car had no trouble we have not been happy to be towing so near the limit and have this week changed the van for one 200 kg lighter. on a test tow the car did not have any trouble at all. solo the car returns about 50 mpg and towing about 35mpg, but i must admit i am very gentle with my cars i drive at the legal limits but don't thrash the cars whilst accelerating. i can not recomend this car enough and if your as lucky as we where you can pick up a ford direct car, we where quoted 22.000 for a new car but got ours with 1500 miles on the clock for 16500 and got free servicing for life free mot's free rac cover and free tyre repairs all for as long as we own the car. (quicks of ashton-u-lyne).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts