garlieston cc site

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello, we are off to garlieston cc site in nearly 3 weeks time, we should have been there over the weekend just gone, but due to a new puppy arival we had to delay due to injections ....for the dog....ive looked on google and it looks fine, my question is has anyone got any comments and also, is there a beach where you could take the dogs, ( we do and always do clean up after the dogs), but would like the older dog to have a little run on a beach...also what about food shops or a chippy, just so i know to take supplies or not. thankyou we are really looking forward to it.....regards edwina

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Edwina, There are loads of beaches all around you at Garlieston, so you have no worry`s there. The nearest food take aways will be in Wigtown, about 10 minute drive, here you will also find a Coop store which has everything you will need. The Bladnoch Inn at Bladnoch which you will pass on the way to the site from Newton Stewart serves up some really nice bar meals as well. There is a pub in Garlieston, but I don`t think anybody has told them what soap, water and paint is for!!

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Edwina Been to the site a few times, Like its been said theres not a lot in the village a little general store a post office and a pub the harbour inn. Its a great place for the dogs the beach is only 40 yards from the walled garden part of the site just cross the road and your on it,But theres not just the beach theres some nice woodland walks aswell, Dont let the look of the pub put you off its a very friendly little place and the landlady Maggie always has dog treats at the ready, Ive been in there on a weekend afternoon and there were more dogs in there than people, Hope you enjoy it.

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
thankyou cheshire cat and phil.......

we dont need much, as long as there are some good walks, and like i said weve never taken the older dog (old english sheepdog) on the beaches...but i wasnt sure if this time of year it was allowed. cant wait to go, thankyou for your comments

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts