Garmin Basecamp software

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone use this and if so how is it please. I with restricted vision I find it quite tedious to set up a route forcing the satnav to follow exactly where I want to go and wonder if this would be easier using basecamp.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
RayS said:
Does anyone use this and if so how is it please. I with restricted vision I find it quite tedious to set up a route forcing the satnav to follow exactly where I want to go and wonder if this would be easier using basecamp.

I’ve got a Gamin satnav and it’s my second one. I purchased my first Garmin as I was able to use their software to pre programme the satnav with my own chosen route. I considered this important for towing. My current Garmin runs with Basecamp and I do the same. I find it’s a bit more bitty than using Googlemaps (not for Garmin) but once you get used to using it it works very well. It has useful feature such as exclusion zones which you can input.

Basecamp is very accurate in its locating features. So if you want to head south on an autoroute just make sure the cursor goes in the southbound carriageway for any waypoints you insert. Otherwise you will be kept in an infinite holding pattern! It’s also good for making your landing approach to campsites as you can input their own guidance directions. :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts