Gas BBQ- Questions

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Going to purchase a gas BBQ, I have an external gas point on van.
Do I need an additional regulator in line from van to BBQ, or is the one on existing gas bottle in locker OK.
Also the gas BBQ manufactuer of the one I like recommends a maximum hose length of 1.5m (5') is this set in stone or could
I go to 3.0m (10'), further away from van the better!!!!
Thanks in anticipation.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kev
My gas BBQ works from the caravan external gas point which if I remember rightly comes from the caravan regulator so I don't need a separate regulator.
The orange hose on my gas barbie is longer then 5' but I'm not sure if there are regulations 'set in stone' to insist on a 5' hose.
A 5' hose would be far too close for comfort to my caravan and awning and i.m.o. such a short length would compromise safety because of the risk from fire.
I use a windbreak from the front of the caravan to the barbeque to minimise the risk of trips or accidents and I always allow the gas left in the hose to burn off before disconnecting from the gas point.
The only thing to remember is that the longer the hose the more likely that the pressure of the gas will decrease.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Kev .
I dont think there is anything set in stone as far the length of hose goes only a minium,
Our van like Parksy the gas pipe comes off the regulator and is in a 2010 caravan.
Deli Dave is the man to ask and I will do that later in the day if I can ,Dave is registered Gas Safe and certificated to work on caravans
Of course that is if you dont get that answer from elsewhere before hand.
Im getting ready for that all important first trip of the year this weekend ,so I sort of feel excited .
Sir Roger

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies so far Guys, think we can safely say just the one regulator is sufficient.
Still need to clarify the length of hose though, will wait to see what other info comes to light.

Note for Sir Roger; when you go away leave the white goods behind
smiley-smile.gif

Enjoy your 1st trip
smiley-cool.gif

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Kev
I have an external gas point for the BBQ and you do not need a seperate regulator. Whe i bought the hose from a Caravan dealer i was told the length could not exceed 3 m, thats what i use and i have never had a problem with pressure drop ect.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
FAO GAGA KEV.
Thanks for your concern Kev I will tryand get swmbo to deal with white goods whilst away. I think I may be able to play on this one for a bit longer yet if all goes well
Doctors say at least two more weeks but I havnt told her that
Take Care Kev .
Sir Roger

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
forest gump said:
kev no no its charcoal al the way .a

Been there worn the tee shirt blah blah blah. used a gas one at home for last 8-9 years, less smoke and less cleaning than charcoal
also with the lava rock after a while dont think the taste is much different. so when we meet I will slap a sausage on the barbie for you and you can decide for yourself he he

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Just make sure the BBQ is suitable for the gas suppied at 30mbar. It will be stated what gas and what pressures it is designed to work at.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Good Morning to all who have posted on the BBQ posting .
I have spoken to Deli Dave our Local Gas Man and he has said up to 3 mtrs will fine but anything after that you will start to
lose pressure..
Best I can do Guys
Sir Roger

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sir Roger, how the devil are you old chum?
Thanks for going out of your way to speak to Dave, just the answer I was looking for.
Enjoy your first trip of the year, sunshine all round I Believe.
Take it easy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts