Gas Conversions

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Please has anyone out there had experience of towing a caravan, with a Gas converted vehicle. Any information of help would be more than appreciated.I don't own one at the moment,but have seen on sale, and with the rising cost of petrol, well what else can anyone say?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had a Frontera running lpg and petrol. Absolutely no difference when driving apart from - you feel miles better paying 35p a litre rather than 80p. The only downsides are - you lose approx 5-10% mpg - but at less than 50% the cost of petrol it doesn't take a genius to work out the savings. Because we had a 4X4 we managed to get away with the tank being under the car rather than the boot. If we had had a car i'm not sure if i would want to lose half my boot space. When we fisrt had the conversion done there were 700 filling stations in GB and Ireland, now i believe there are approx 1000 in England alone. They are becomming more common on 24/7 garage forecourts now as well. Our conversion cost us

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi rose,we had our 3.5l v6 trooper converted to gas 18 months ago due to excessive fuel bills! the conversion we have is a romano multi-point system. there is no noticable power loss when solo or towing. we were getting about 12/15 mpg on petrol and are getting about the same with lpg.the difference of course is that lpg is 1/2 the price of petrol.grab a look at www.lpga.co.uk and find yourself an acredited fitter. our system cost

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts