Gas for use in France Spain and Portugal

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I am spending next winter in my van abroad and plan to be away for 6 months. The van is only a year old and has the gas regulator fixed to the van inside the cupboard where the gas is kept. I presume when I run out of the 2 calor cylinders I have I will have to buy a Camping Gas cylinder. If so can I buy a connection from the Camping gas cylinder to connect to my existing pipe that goes to the regulator. Also any other ideas about connecting other gas bottles purchased abroad.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
james....A friend of mine purchased a Spanish gas bottle and regulator when his Calor gas ran out (he said it was cheaper than Camping Gas). He connected this via the external barbeque point and bypassed the bulkhead regulator. Not sure if this is the correct thing to do but it worked ok. Perhaps someone will advise?

Hopefully, before too long the BP Gas bottles will be available across europe so there will be no need to keep swopping over but it will be at least two years away I believe for Spain.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can readily buy the Camping Gaz adapter at caravan dealers and I have 2 on the Senator as I use Camping Gaz all the time

If you are going to Spain Camping Gaz is much cheaper there so if you can wait and purchase bottles and/or refills there

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

As John said buy a pigtale that will except camping gas and you will need an adaptor for the bottle and hey presto no problems. Very simple, effective and safe, we use one all the time and if we run out of Calor we use camping gaz in France as it is readily available. I have not tried the other method but this is very safe and not that expensive.

Rob

TRENDING THREADS