Gas for winter

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Another point to remember is you can exchange a butane for propane and vice versa. Also size is immaterial ie a small for large and so on.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Here is all you need to know about the use or misuse of cylinders:
https://www.calor.co.uk/news/illegal-handlingscrapping-of-calor-gas-cylinders/

That is the legal stuff.
Whether people adhere to the letter of the law is their business, but should they be caught out, don't bother moaning about it, including those who buy/take/whatever cylinders from other sources and have the misfortune to have a cylinder fail on them,,,,,,with all that involves.

And that is enough said about the situation as this topic has cropped up almost every year with the exact same kind of responses.

The original topic of Gas for Winter is simple, Propane for Winter, Butane for Summer, or Propane all year and save messing about with pigtails or different regulators.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Beehpee said:
I wonder how many times the same people will raise the issue of selling used calor bottles on here? it’s pointless in my opinion going on about it being illegal to sell a used bottle because if calor wanted to stop it they wouldn’t have any problem as they’d just have to respond to the adverts, if I put an advert on eBay offering to sell stolen goods or illegally imported tobacco or booze the advert would be removed almost immediately and probably the details passed to the relavent people, what happens with calor bottles? Absolutely nothing, do you not get fed up of banging on the same drum time after time?

I will continue to point out illegal or bad practices where they come to my attention. It might prevent just one person from committing an illegal act.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Beehpee said:
I wonder how many times the same people will raise the issue of selling used calor bottles on here? it’s pointless in my opinion going on about it being illegal to sell a used bottle because if calor wanted to stop it they wouldn’t have any problem as they’d just have to respond to the adverts, if I put an advert on eBay offering to sell stolen goods or illegally imported tobacco or booze the advert would be removed almost immediately and probably the details passed to the relavent people, what happens with calor bottles? Absolutely nothing, do you not get fed up of banging on the same drum time after time?

I will continue to point out illegal or bad practices where they come to my attention. It might prevent just one person from committing an illegal act.

Enough !! you have already made your point , there is no need to keep poking the bear !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts