Gas hob

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
When using frying pan on the hob in the caravan, the pan tends to flop to one side due to the holders being just that too far apart. I appreciate that the frying pan has the long handle that can put it "off balance" and moving it around you can balance it, but then the flame is to one side.

I am sure that I read somewhere that you get a circular metal mat that you can place over the burner to stop this happening. The mat was a metal ring with a wire mesh inside. Anyone know where we can get two of these mats? Thanks.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Good luck with your search.
Remember a new frying pan measured to fit is the alternative!
Problem after problem.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When using frying pan on the hob in the caravan, the pan tends to flop to one side due to the holders being just that too far apart. I appreciate that the frying pan has the long handle that can put it "off balance" and moving it around you can balance it, but then the flame is to one side.

I am sure that I read somewhere that you get a circular metal mat that you can place over the burner to stop this happening. The mat was a metal ring with a wire mesh inside. Anyone know where we can get two of these mats? Thanks.
I believe what you are thinking about are splatter guards. I don't think these would work the way you want.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I believe what you are thinking about are splatter guards. I don't think these would work the way you want.
Very similar to the one I am thinking about as they were common in SA, but no handle. They could be used on an open fire.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Johnb’s looks promising.
My only reservation is are these things ok with LPG?
If used will they unknowingly add too much heat to the floor of the hob leading to other issues with cut off switches , valves etc? Just a thought?

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Johnb’s looks promising.
If used will they unknowingly add too much heat to the floor of the hob leading to other issues with cut off switches , valves etc? Just a thought?
We have never had a problem using one regularly on our domestic gas cooker rings. But caravan hobs may be more sensitive.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Johnb’s looks promising.
I have used one on an Induction hob, to use an Aluminium coffee percolator, works ok for that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts