Gas in Europe

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Can any one help me. I am taking my van away for a year round europe and need to know about the Gas. I have been told lots of different things from I need to check all my fittings to just buy a new bottle out there. So to all you experts what should I do

Cheers

JOhnT

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Personally I would take as the incentive to install a basic Gaslow refillable system and therefore us Autogas LPG.

The alternatives are various; The simplest is to buy a Camping Gaz 907 cylinder which can be obtained throughout Europe,together with the appropriate pig-tail if you have a modern van. Gas wise but not up front cost this is an expensive option.

Otherwise its buying cylinders for the various countries, plus adaptors.

Anyway a good starting place is to download Gaslow's brochure thats available as a PDF file here: http://www.gaslow.co.uk/pages/products.htm

Jan 9, 2008
Visit site
I don't think Autogas is an option for Spain.

Camping Gaz is the only real Pan European supplier I think. Somewhere you will probably end up buying a local bottle if you don not have Camping Gaz.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
If you can give some further details about the countries that you expect to be visiting, maybe a solution can be found. The new BP GasLight cylinders, for example, can be exchanged in a number of countries.

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi John, you could cover most gas problems,but I think you will have to put your hand in your pocket - not very deep though.

All the following adapters and fittings if you do not have them are available from GASLOW.

1) Buy BP Gas Light (1 bottle) and use the 27mm adapter, and as Lutz has said BP Light is available in many European countries. The 27mm adapter also fits the French "Le Cube" bottles and some Portuguese bottles.

2) Buy a Camping Gaz adapter. Camping gaz availabe throughout Europe and a good standby. Take a empty bottle, our recycle centre always have them for a couple of quid.

3)Buy a 20mm adapter - will fit Elf, Twiny and Malice bottles in France.

4)Buy Jumbo Gas adapter to fit Spanish and Portuguese bottles via Butane hose.

Hope this helps.JTS.

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
If you can give some further details about the countries that you expect to be visiting, maybe a solution can be found. The new BP GasLight cylinders, for example, can be exchanged in a number of countries.
We're new to motorhoming & will be inEurope for 3 months spending a lot of time in France but also in Italy, slovenia, &probably austria & maybe Czech & germany. Unfortunately we have 2x 10kg BP gaslight bottles with the 27mmclip on fitting & now realize these are not availble in Franc or Italy. " Qn 1. Can anyone give me an idea how long a 10kg BP tank might last ? & Qn2 What might be the best alternative if I got rid of 1 of the BP tanks ?

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi John, you could cover most gas problems,but I think you will have to put your hand in your pocket - not very deep though.

All the following adapters and fittings if you do not have them are available from GASLOW.

1) Buy BP Gas Light (1 bottle) and use the 27mm adapter, and as Lutz has said BP Light is available in many European countries. The 27mm adapter also fits the French "Le Cube" bottles and some Portuguese bottles.

2) Buy a Camping Gaz adapter. Camping gaz availabe throughout Europe and a good standby. Take a empty bottle, our recycle centre always have them for a couple of quid.

3)Buy a 20mm adapter - will fit Elf, Twiny and Malice bottles in France.

4)Buy Jumbo Gas adapter to fit Spanish and Portuguese bottles via Butane hose.

Hope this helps.JTS.
Thanks for the advice

JohnT

TRENDING THREADS