Jan 1, 2009
Visit site
I currently have a blue butane bottle attached to my caravan and due to being told that as I am using it all year round I would be better using propane gas I am going to swap over.

I know I need a new regulator, but is that all I need to change? Do the pipes from the regulator to the cooker etc. need changing do to it being a different gas? Is it easy to do?

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
Stuart if your regulator is fixed to your van you will need a new feed pipe with a left handed thread for propane. If if your regulator is blue and fitted to your gas pipe then you need a new red regulator. J.Lo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You need to change the regulator from your current blue clip on to a screw on red propane regulator.

The hose connecting the regulator, goes to a point in the gas locker where it connects to the metal pipework leading to all the appliances.

This hose has a working life and therefore should be changed on a fairly regular basis, other than that it does for both type gasses.

As summer is upon us, I say leave the change over until your butane bottle is empty, or better still, get it changed when your van goes for service.

This way the hose will be changed if required, fitted correctly with the new regulator and the whole system checked for safety

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Surely in this day and age it is better to swap over to propane with the new 27mm clip on as with Patio Gas or BP Gas Light. Far easier than messing around with the old orange butane bottles and those horrible screw in adaptors that need the spanner (which you can never find when you need it).

Go modern I say

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Surely in this day and age it is better to swap over to propane with the new 27mm clip on as with Patio Gas or BP Gas Light. Far easier than messing around with the old orange butane bottles and those horrible screw in adaptors that need the spanner (which you can never find when you need it).

Go modern I say
I would tend to agree for the ease of changing bottles, but there is a significant cost disadvantage with the patio gas which seems to attract a premium price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts