Gas level indicator

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Great for telling you you have 1/4 of a bottle left, I want to know when it has 1/2 hours gas left. Lift and shake. Lets get real.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Even blind drunk, I can tell how much is left in the container without shaking it.

Bottle of red wine in a dark bottle, I can tell how much is left down to a the last available sip just by lifting the bottle.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Anseo said:
Even blind drunk, I can tell how much is left in the container without shaking it.

Bottle of red wine in a dark bottle, I can tell how much is left down to a the last available sip just by lifting the bottle.

I thought that was a Hutch reply until I seen your name on the top !! :p

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Thingy said:
I bought one off ebay, its a little dial you put on the end of the gas connector. Works fine for me, and much better than the magnetic ones! The best bit it was only a fiver!

But how safe is it, cheap manufacture in China?

It’s ok so far, and gives me an indication how much gas i have left without having to unstrap the bottle and lift it to see how much is in it.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
jamestaylor18 said:
Thingy said:
I bought one off ebay, its a little dial you put on the end of the gas connector. Works fine for me, and much better than the magnetic ones! The best bit it was only a fiver!

It’s ok so far, and gives me an indication how much gas i have left without having to unstrap the bottle and lift it to see how much is in it.

James any link to it. ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
jamestaylor18 said:
Thingy said:

The pressure gauge is only sampling the pressure of the gas vapour in the bottle. Because the gas is liquified and held under pressure in the bottle, there is no proportional change in the bottles pressure, as the liquified gas is converted back to vapour. The internal pressure is predominantly determined by the temperature of its contents. You can only see a significant reduction in pressure when all the gas has been vapourised, and the last remaining fumes are being used up.

The pressure reading can also give you a bad steer if you are using Butane in ambient temperatures close to freezing. Butanes inherent higher boiling point (compared to Propane) means at close to 0C ambients the gas simply refuses to revapurise and the bottle pressure drops, giving the impression it's empty!

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Dusty wrote
Does it tell you when the change over happens?
I have this vision of being confronted with two empty cylinders :(
Answer yes, glass indicator changes between red and green.

Quote from the manual:
Changeover
As soon as the pressure in the operating cylinder falls below
0.5 bar, the DuoControl automatically switches over and begins
taking gas from the second gas cylinder. The display in
the inspection glass turns red.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Pouring hot water over a (metal) cylinder heats the casing but remains cool at the liquid level... handy for newbies to gas bottles and when you've left the scales at home. Just remember to take the cylinder out of the locker!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts