gas problems

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
checked over my van today - not used for 2 months. Couldnt get the gas through to the cooker (or anything else). Tried 2 bottles (definately full) non of the internal taps have been turned off, but no luck. Is the most likely fault to be in the regulator? is there any other possible causes of the gas suddenly not being piped through - no hiss at all??? thanks

JF1

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Graham - we had this problem while on holiday....this might seem too simple but we discovered that the glass top over the cooker was not pushed right back (it was forward by about half a millimeter) but this was enough to stop the gas to the cooker as a safety feature.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Graham, just a thought, but i had a similar problem. Turned out my cooker lid was down, and it has a safety switch on it which cuts the gas flow. May sound stupid, but it took me 5 hours to realise the lid wasn't lifted up enough.

Failing that, i would suspect the regulator.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
if your van is relatively new, the gas will not flow through to your hob and oven if the hob glass cover is not completely in the upright position. had the the very same problem and moving the lid up to vertical removed disconnected the safety switch.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
you are all in fact correct!!!! spoke to the dealer just before buying a new regulator and he suggested the cooker hood - it was not fully open because the bungy i use to keep the cooker doors shut was slightly in the way. thanks again!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone help.... I have several ideas that could/would improve things in caravaning, maybe they are not new ideas at all but I would like achance to have them assedd even produced, some are design ideas. can any one suggest who to contact, I do not have funds to experiment myself.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've had exactly the same issue first time out in new Swift Challenger. Arrived at Rowntree Park with sparkly new van, decided it was time to cook the mega pizza we had taken with us. Try as I might, couldn't get the oven to light. In the end, my temper took over, pizza went in dustbin, uncooked. All sorts of threats were made in front of cowering wife to ring dealer first thing in the morning and make him come to York and sort out duff van/cooker. Vented my frustration on chap in next pitch who smiled and suggested closing hob glass, leaving for two minutes, opening hob lid again FULLY and try again. Five minutes later sheepishly fumbling around in dustbin to retrieve pizza and cook in now hot oven!

However, if your problem is no gas appliences working, I would suggest disconecting the hose from your regulator and fitting the regulator back on the gas bottle. Then quickly open and close the valve on the regulator. If no gas comes out, go and spend

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts