gas purchase in eu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
what is the best system for replacement gas when the calor runs out. Is it possible to get the calor bottle refilled in france/spain/portugal.

Isn't it about time a common cylinder is devised for the eu?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You won't be able to swap Calor cylinders in Europe. The only truely universal gas is Camping Gaz but that is expensive compared to other brands. We all though the BP Gas light would become a common cylinder across Europe but there are still some big gaps. Too many interested parties I suppose! Gas is usually pretty cheap in Spain so it might be worth buying some local cylinders and disposing of them before you come home. It will also depend on how long you are going for and whether you need gas for heating. If not two 6kgs cylinders could last 2 or 3 months.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As David says, Camping Gaz is easily available across europe, but it is more expensive than other types of gas. But how much is it worth to know that whenever you run out of gas, the local supermarket has loads of it? Over a year I bet using Camping Gaz when in europe could set you back an extra

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
There is no worry in france the British dummpy blue reg fits the 10kg gas bottle thats used for all mobile homes or euro camping tents. You can .purchase a cylinder from the super market or fuel station or if youe not happy with the brit reg buy a french one at the super market by the way both french and brit regs are the same standard british gas thread and work at the same take off pressure. having used this method for years.talk to local english camp reps ,they have always been" very helpfull" seeing you ok,if you get my meaning.

Apr 5, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone tell me the situation on gas in austria and Italy please.What do long stayers in these countries use . Nigel
On a campsite in Italy, I bought a male/female adaptor that fits an Italian propane gas bottle and into a standard UK HP gas hose.

Haven't tried gas in Austria. I use BP Gaslight and the bottle connector for this fits a Le Cube gas bottle in France.

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts