Gaslow cylinders

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave

Me again - I realised my reply a couple of mins ago could have been more helpful. MTH do engine conversions and also retail their brand of refillable gas cylinders - I have had a couple for quite a while - a 5kg refill, depending on garage/outlet costs from c.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Dave, I have no experience of the Gaslow or the Litew8's mentioned by Peter T. However before you purchase such bottles, do check that your local gas supplier will be prepared to refill the specific cylinders you purchase. As the owner of the bottle the onus is on you to have the bottles regularly checked for safety, and to be able to provide the filler with appropriate certificates of test if they ask. The filling company are obliged to satisfy themselfs that the the container offered is fit for purpose before they refil. They may refuse to fill if they cannot verify the containers suitability.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave, dont bother with the Gaslow type, I'm pretty sure that you have to drill the van and connect the cylinder filler in the side of the van. Better to go as Peter T advised and go for the lightweight Kevlar one. I use this type and got it from a firm in Lydney. Large size bottle cost about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
turning up again. I would like to mention that John L may have his undergarments in a tangle. You do not take them to an agent to get them filled. You go to a filling station and fill them yourself - there is a bayonet plug connection - if you contact MTH they will explain - or if you go to them, they'll let you fill your first at their depot. Some 'informed sources' say forecourt staff are not trained to fill these cylinders. Stop and think - you fill your car yourself, you fill a can for the mower yourself, most 'forecourt' staff nowadays only look after the shop and take your money.

Enjoy cheap gas.

Peter T

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave, me again, more info on the bottles. If you contact MTH Autogas on 01594 563 538 you will find them very helpful and customer friendly. I've been using my Lightw8 cylinder for over sixmonths - no problems whatsoever though some calor stations will not fill you up(on advice from Calor Ltd - surprise surprise!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts