Gb sticker

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys maybe a silly question but when we travel to France for the first time this summer , could anyone tell me if number plates with the GB sign on them are OK or do you have to have a sticker . And are you able to drink the water or is it best to use bottled . Sorry if questions seem a bit silly but really not sure thanks

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
A number plate with GB on the left in a blue box meets EU Regs and is fine in France . As for water I only drink bottled abroad I would like to drink tap water but Im always unsure if it is drinkwater

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
If you have the euro plates then you don't need GB stickers. We've never bothered with bottled water in France and are still here after many years! You might find that the water in some places has a "minerally" taste, but it's generally fine.
Nigel.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
While the Ero number plates are all that is really needed, having a larger GB sticker is no bad thing as you have to be quite cloase to the plate to read the GB and although obvious to us the format of the UK plate is not necessailry familiar to the average French driver. So give as much warning as you can.
As for the water, I agree with others - generally fine, particularly when sterilized with a drop of Pernod and an ice cube. If you do buy dbootled water - do it in a supermarket rather than a service station - like UK.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
The only legal UK number plates are those with GB & the circle of stars above, those with ENG, CYM, ESC with flags, dragons etc are not legal & you need a seperate GB sticker with those.

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
no no no
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts