Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hello everyone,Only ever posted once before, but so angry at the attitude of abbey regarding gel coat repairs to the rear panel of my 03 model Vogue GTS, it has been repaired I think at least 3 times for cracks,the last time in April 06.But this repair has reappeared in exactly the same place (about 4 inches long), phoned Swift this morning do not want to know,repairs only last 12 months. Just visited my local dealer mega money for repair,I just feel that swift takes its customers for idiots. thanks for reading this,I feel better already. regards anthony.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
You've got me paranoid now Anthony. When it stops raining I must go out and check my Abbey Vogue.

So what Swift are saying is they will repair it while in warranty but don't expect it to last more than 12 months and when it's out of warranty, tough, you'll have to pay for it yourself annually?

Hmmmmm, hope mines o.k.

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hello my Lord,Been a fan of your writings for a while, agree with most of them.Anyhow back to my problem, Swift do not want to know after 12 months,dealer is a no no,so I after think hard about my options, had some dealings years ago with Baileys,ended up nearly legal.Anyway hope yours is ok. regards Anthony.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Anthony,

I strongly suggest you talk to trading standards. It sounds as though the repairs that were carried out may not have been up to standard.You may have a case against the last repairer.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for those kind words Anthony, I just hope Marky Boy doesn't see them else he'll have apoplexy.

Regarding the cracks John L has a good point because nobody should have to put up with shoddy work that only lasts 12 months. Wheres Kath from Swift when you need her?

Coooooooeeeeeeee ... are you there Kath?

TRENDING THREADS