Generators

Aug 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi anyone got advice on a good electric generator what to look for output, size etc. Aldi's had one for £60 was tempted but don't know enough about em thanks

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You need to be aware that you only get what you pay for!!

The cheap gennies tend to be 2 stroke, and require regular servicing to maintain their performance.

Also, the cheap ones tend not to have a smoothing circuit, so if the motor revs highly at any time, like when its just about to run out of fuel, you will get a voltage "Spike" which may well damage the more sensitive electronics in your van, such as battery charger.

Another point is they , all of them, are relatively expensive to run, with fuel at almost a

May 10, 2005
Visit site
Firesmudge,

It depends where you intend to use the gennie and how frequently. If you're going to have other vans close by then I personally wouldn't recommend the

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't buy one firesmudge. They keep babies, small children and puppies awake all night. Plus the noise makes me hungry, they always remind me of goose fair (burgers and candy floss).

Lisa

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Any generator used between 6pm and 9am is likeley to get complaints from other caravanners. They may well be banned during these hours on many sites.

Even during the daytime you need something quiet like the Honda Eu10i, anything noisier will get complaints all the time.

Some CL/CS's are big enough to allow adequate distances from other caravanners but it's generally best to use a hook-up if you can't survive on your leisure battery.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts