Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi i wonder if you can help me out at all i have a tabbert 26 feet twin axel caravan. which i am going to live in all year round. could you advise me on the size of portable generator i would need for normal use as living needs an also for electric tools ie elecrtic drill for repair work an also if generators can be use for long periods of time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello spooks, Firstly, consider if there is any alternative to using a generator, they are hopelesly inefficient and will cost a bomb to run for a long period. There is the fuel cost, and then the service costs which if you are running continuosly will come round quite frequently. You will also have to contend with the noise, your neighbours may complain. You may find it cheaper to have a 230V mains suply connected by the local electricity company. If you really have no alternative, then check all the appliances you may wish to run at the same time. add together their watts rating. This will give you the size of generator you will need. Consider using gas for the fridge, water and space heating, which will be more economical and certainly quieter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts