Genesis SUVs🤔🤔🤔

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Very weird . Their web doesn’t load swiftly. Hope the vehicle is better🤔 . Looking at the mpg I wonder who in Europe will buy one🙀🙀🙀

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Very weird . Their web doesn’t load swiftly. Hope the vehicle is better🤔 . Looking at the mpg I wonder who in Europe will buy one🙀🙀🙀
No-one buys a luxury SUV and worries about the fuel consumption - the GV80 diesel has CO2 emissions of 179-184 g/km, about par for a 2.25 tonne of that physical size.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dusty Ive not had any issues with that website. When I first saw the advert in The Times I thought it was a Bentley based on a (quick) look at the logo, but it is Hyundai.

https://www.genesis.com/uk/en/models.html

Other than Toyota's Lexus few other mainstream brands have managed to sell their equivalent of a prestige marque. Nissan failed with Infinity in UK despite being partnered with MB, and Ford's Vignalle hasn't done at all well. Obscure brands don't do it for company car drivers as they like the MB, BMW, Audi etc being well recognised by its badge. I had young engineer join my team and he had Volvo V70, but Volvos weren't available for his position even if he paid the difference. So he "settled" for a Mondeo estate. After a couple of days he told me the he was amazed at how good the Mondeo was to drive, far beyond the Volvo.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
No-one buys a luxury SUV and worries about the fuel consumption - the GV80 diesel has CO2 emissions of 179-184 g/km, about par for a 2.25 tonne of that physical size.

An improvement on my cars 197 gm/km. But petrol is a smidgeon cheaper unless I treat it to 97-99 RON.

The Genesis S80 saloon has figure lower than the SUV, although the S80 petrol variant is quite a bit higher. The electric saloon could sell well though. Being Hyundai I would expect their engineering to be very good.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
An improvement on my cars 197 gm/km. But petrol is a smidgeon cheaper unless I treat it to 97-99 RON.

I don't think Subaru ever got the memo about improving fuel consumption - my Outback used to be dire on fuel, especially given that the engine liked to use the high rpm limit.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't think Subaru ever got the memo about improving fuel consumption - my Outback used to be dire on fuel, especially given that the engine liked to use the high rpm limit.
The layout of the engine tends to mitigate against better mpg. plus a large turbo when biturbo might be better. Although I have just spent five days away in Wales and overall including the M4 90 miles each way it returned 37 mpg. Not much difference in mpg compared to the 2 litre non turbo model that I had, but with the turbo the torque comes in low down and the car (solo) rarely rises above 2500 rpm even when accelerating hard. Only ever used kickdown once to check it works and paddle shifters rarely. Whereas the non turbo revs rose rapidly and much higher, with accompanying noise. Towing it is quite relaxed but the mpg suffered a lot.

TRENDING THREADS