German Caravan Insurance

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Could anyone help please?

We have an 18 month old Fendt Topas 510 in storage in France - I was with the Forces and spent much of my working life in Germany. I am now retired and working in Bahrain but have a job offer back in UK (Shropshire). The last time we lived in UK properly was in 1994 so we are way out of touch with prices. I am trying to work out how much our outgoings would be if we came back to UK. The caravan + accessories are probably worth £15000. As we are not there yet, I do not have a postcode and therefore cannot do an online query. I am aware that a lot of companies will not insure foreign caravans.

Does any one have a German caravan and could you tell me roughly how much average insurance would be? I am only after a rough figure. The caravan has wheel locks, a hitchlock and alarms.

Many thanks......Bob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Crusader Leisure Vehicle Insurance may insure your German caravan. I know they insure Hymers as a friend of mine is with them.

Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you very much everyone for your replies. They have been most helpful. Huge debate taking place in the family at the moment but I think that we will probably decide to come home.

Many thanks...Bob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a german van insured by caravan club - no problems, they seem to just work on replacement cost.

I think you will find the insurance costs will vary widely according the the post code in which the van is kept. The risk factor can vary quite quickly with distance, but rural areas are lower rated than urban.

I previously had a Liverpool post code although living in the country. Moveing to the southwest - also rural - premiums for both house and caravan fell by half.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a german van insured by caravan club - no problems, they seem to just work on replacement cost.

I think you will find the insurance costs will vary widely according the the post code in which the van is kept. The risk factor can vary quite quickly with distance, but rural areas are lower rated than urban.

I previously had a Liverpool post code although living in the country. Moveing to the southwest - also rural - premiums for both house and caravan fell by half.
Many thanks - very useful information. Never thought about the Caravan Club. Hopefully premiums in Shropshire will not be too excessive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts