Germany

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have enclosed a link for an absolutly amazing park that we regularlty stay at. Situated in Lower Saxony, 1 hour north to Hamburg and 1 hour south to Hannover. The campsite is similar to a Center Parks resort. Check it out on http://www.5-sterne-camping.de/en/homepage/

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The site is excellent for families and there is plenty to keep everyone busy. The top end of the site is very quiet, I don't know about UK sites as we've only caravan'd in europe but nearly all the sites in Germany have quiet periods between 13-16600hrs. The lake is very clean for swimming and the beach is excellent. The resteraunts are really good with english menue's (1 of the girls working there is a girlfriend of a british soldier so she has been translating everything on site). I can highly reccomend this site and anyone who wants to know more about any sites in Germany then let me know. I am off to Holland this weekend. so I'll give another review on Monday

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Richard

I am travelling to Bosnia in July and have booked a site in Germany for one night going and return trip

I was wondering if you know of it and what are your thoughts should I be aware of anything.

RUDESHEIM AM RHEIN

Regards

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John

Are you thinking of this site? Rudesheim If so its a very nice site on the Rhine. To me what is nice about this site it is a bit quieter than many Rine sites as the valley is flatter and wider. Rudesheim is also home of Asbach Brandy which is a favourite of mine. I think Lutz lives in that area.

David

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
David

Yes this is the one booked through caravan club its just for one night as a stop over on our way down to Bosnia just wanted to know if it was a good site

thanks

John

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Dear Lutz

I will drop you a message on this when I leave England we are due to leave on the Saturday the 3rd of July we have a ferry from Dover to Calais at around 2am Sunday morning the 4th so what time we will arrive at the site in Germany I am not sure but once I do have a better idea I will let you know

John

jca

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Lutz,

We are travelling to Rudesheim from Obernai,is the best way to cross the Rhine via Mainz and Wiesbaden to the northern side of the river.Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated,John.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Coming from Obernai I would assume that you be driving up the A65/A61/A63 to Mainz, in which case you can cross the Rhine using the A643 bridge just west of Mainz taking you to Wiesbaden or you can drive along the river to Bingen and use the ferry there. Frankly I'd use the bridge as it doesn't cost anything and the drive from Mainz to Bingen is not that spectacular to make it worthwhile staying on the left bank (it gets more interesting between Bingen and Koblenz, though).

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes we had the pleasure of meeting up with Lutz at our campsite at Hattenheim on the Rhine it was nice to meet him.

The ferry at Bingen is not a problem for car and 8 metre caravan we have done it twice the last time this year. Not a lot of money either.

We have had the pleasure of meeting up with two Brit couples on our travels in Austria and Germany this year. Two of them have been following my website too, which I have been keeping up to date as we travel onwards on this 3 month trip. http://www.dvthompson.webs.com Joys of Caravanning in Europe over the last 7 years. I am hoping this will help caravanners travelling in Europe especially the wonderful countries of Austria and Germany not forgetting Italy. Tomorrow we sadly leave Austria for Switzerland and one month to go before returning to the UK

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts