geting a way at the last minit

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
last week the wife and lwanted to go friday to sunday. we are members of c,c, . seems that there was not a lot of choice. a lot of the sites are booked up for some time. this is not the first time we have come across this. we had some bad experiences of sites where the shower blocks are not very clean and you are pitched very close together no room to swing a cat around so we for just stick with the c,c parks. we would like to now if their is some GOOD parks to go to. which are well run . we been to lickpeny in matlock which is very good site. need a park for kids on site. wound like not have to travel to far for weekends we live near nottingham or do you think we are just being to picky ??? thanks mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unfortunately it seems gone are the days when you could just drop everything and go! this is especially true with the cc sites. Try getting a pitch at Chatsworth or Strid Wood on a weekend !! You now have to make a decision to go weeks beforehand! Incidentally we too have been to Lickpenny and it is in our top "10" the facilities match the cc anytime!

Caroline

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark,

Just had a very pleasant weekend at Orchard Farm Holiday Park at Hunmanby near Filey. Great on site facilities . huge play area, large fishing lake with a model steam train that runs right around it - the kids love it. Indoor tropical swimming pool, a large family bar with kids entertainment, cheap beer, relatively small site. In between Bridlington and Scarborough or the North York Moors if you travel inland. There is also an on site shop and mobile hot food outlet, lots of quirky little items like a prison cell door which states, 'CHILDRENS ROOM'. Only downside was some pitches are a little close together but at twelve quid a night I wasn't complaining. Nice toilet/shower block too with piped music. Go for it, it's only a couple of hours or so from you.

Kevin

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I like to go. The water cud be a problem. My son would be chucking all is shoe in the water and if summing stood still long engulf that would that would go in has well. I now he can not help it. because he is aoristic. he would love the train to bits. We like to triy to get dye stressed on holiday. Thanks for the surgeon. mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I like to go. The water cud be a problem. My son would be chucking all is shoe in the water and if summing stood still long engulf that would that would go in has well. I now he can not help it. because he is aoristic. he would love the train to bits. We like to triy to get dye stressed on holiday. Thanks for the surgeon. mark
Don't worry about the lake Mark, it has a fence all the way around it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts