Getting tyred?

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Guys and gals sorry about the title but just could not resist!! It is that time the Jeep needs some new tyres and boy its a minefield for Himself! The tyres we need are 235/65 R17 108V XL.The prices go from the sublime to the "how much!!!!" choke/splutter!!! Is it as easy as you get what you pay for or is there a way of sorting good from bad? Please give me some guidance as I am the one trying to get the best deal online.
Thursdays Child

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, to another TC!

To a degree you are correct 'what you buy is what you get', however there are ofted many prices for what you buy arn't there!
My advice would be to go for a known manufacturer and avoid budget tyres. In the main these are more likely to wear out quicker and also to offer less grip especially when braking. This is really poor value for money. Rember the only things between you and catastrophy when you are driving are your four bits of rubber on the road. I would suggest that you check a couple of national suppliers then give your local factors a call to see if they can match or better the prices.
Good hunting.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Tyres with a 108 load index for a Jeep sounds a bit over the top to me. You don't say which model you've got, but from the information I have at hand, 235/65 R17 tyres with a load index of 104 are approved for the Jeep. This lower load rating should reflect in the cost.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have a look at the US Tirerack website they have a lot of info on various tyres from the mainstream makers. Many are available in UK at prices where we pay in pounds more than the US do in dollars. Agree with tyres you get what you pay for and I stick to mainstream brands but by shopping around you can obtain good savings.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Well thank you all very much and I have taken onboard all your advice.We have gone for the black circles as they have the most choice except for the colour of course. Have managed to get a good deal on a well known brand. Got an extra discount for 4 and local too. The tyres that are on Jeeo are of the spec listed so we have gone for the same spec.We tow a heavy shed so tyres have to be good as advised.
Thursdays Child

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I would never have Khumo or Hankook tyres on my car until I purchased a car with them on, I have to say they're pretty good, well put it this way I would price them up as replacements, Goodyear wrangler's I'm told are good tyres, one of the cheapest places that I have used is a place called my tyres, if you google them you'll find them, they're a web based company but you can pay for them to be sent to a local fitter and it can be included in the price

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts