Glasgow site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, This site is close to Motherwell adjacent to the motorway and is located in a country park. It is a gopod evenoing strolll around the lake which I think was improved etc for the Commonwealth Games rowing.

www.visitlanarkshire.com/accommodation/caravan-and-camping/Strathclyde-Country-Park-Caravan-Camping-site/

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
Lomomd Woods is to my mind anyway mega expensive. Not as nice as your average CC site but much more expensive.

The site at Motherwell is not my cup of tea either ... stayed there once on our way south (we are in Aberdeenshire) and never again.

Two C&CC sites near Loch Lomond (Luss and Millarochy Bay) I would choose one of those.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Millarochy Bay is rather a long way to commute on a daily basis.

If you are in the Caravan Club,there is a CL on the outskirts of Milngavie ( 8 miles north of Glasgow.)The CL has showering facilities & toilets and is approx.5 minute drive to the railway station in Milngavie.There is a bus service which drives past the end of the road for the CL which goes into Glasgow but it only runs every hour ( No.10 Balfron to Glasgow )

There is also a CL near Cumbernauld but I don't know anything about that one.

Glasgow is very poorly served for caravan sites in comparison to Edinburgh.

The CL in Milngavie is used by a lot of walkers when tackling the West Highland Way as there is a field adjacent for tents.

We live in Milngavie,so if you need any other info.let me know before Sept 1st when we are on hols.

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Barkas,

Have you considered Linlithgow, approx mid-way between Edinburgh and Glasgow?

Mainline railway station, lovely little town , Linlithgow Palace and Peel, some nice pubs and restaurants, Linlithgow Canal centre.

Sorry I am rambling and no I don't work for the local tourist board, Beecraigs Country Park may be the location for you, it is walkable to the railway station if the weather is nice and you enjoy some exercise otherwise parking should be available not far from the station.

Regards,

Wanderer

TRENDING THREADS