Glass and china storage

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Springs coming! :cheer: Sorting out the 'van but every year, how to provide safe storage for those all important wine and beer glasses? What do others use please?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I never have any breakages :p
I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than use plastic glasses or plastic crockery . :)
That sort of thing is best left for tenters who carry all their worldly goods in backpacks :lol:

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
We got rid of the bone china years ago, give paper plates, paper cups and plastic knife and forks a go, saves pounds on the fairy liquid, :p

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Afraid we use plastic everything. Cheaper and lighter than glass and china and as far as we can tell everything tastes just the same.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I am with Parksy, wine tastes much nicer out of glass; coffee is nicer from a mug that is warm, ( hot coffe from cold plastic is just weird) and while we are at it Corelle (other tempered glass plates cheaper at IKEA) for dinner plates. Most of it sits happlily in the racks in the cup ours while towing. The glasses go in a plastic crate on the floor.
Mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
Parksy said:
I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than use plastic glasses :)

But you've drunk champagne and shorts out of plastic glasses at the Woosiefests. Are you now too good/posh to attend the next ones? :huh:
I think you'll find that we normally take our own glasses for outside gatherings and pubs usually supply glasses. Having met me you'd know that I'm not posh, it's just a matter of personal preference. I rarely touch alcohol these days anyway

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Parksy said:
WoodlandsCamper said:
Parksy said:

But you've drunk champagne and shorts out of plastic glasses at the Woosiefests. Are you now too good/posh to attend the next ones? :huh:
I think you'll find that we normally take our own glasses for outside gatherings and pubs usually supply glasses. Having met me you'd know that I'm not posh, it's just a matter of personal preference. I rarely touch alcohol these days anyway

You partook in champagne from plastic champagne glasses when toasting my birthday at Stowford a few years ago and also use plastic for the toasts at the Woosiefests. :whistle: Perhaps rarely touching alcohol these days has blunted your memory. ;)

You do look very fit in your new avatar. :kiss:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
Parksy said:
WoodlandsCamper said:
Parksy said:

You partook in champagne from plastic champagne glasses when toasting my birthday at Stowford a few years ago and also use plastic for the toasts at the Woosiefests. :whistle: Perhaps rarely touching alcohol these days has blunted your memory. ;)

You do look very fit in your new avatar. :kiss:

Crikey this plastic crockery business is obviously very important to you :eek:hmy:
If I sipped champagne from a plastic cup supplied by somebody else years ago that doesn't mean that I'd want to use them in the caravan all the time. Somebody asked a question which I answered. My answer isn't the same as yours, I find it hard to understand why this is such a big deal to you

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Noooo! Not plastic? Euk! sacrilege that is, but I'll have that sweet white please? No, thanks to all for the replies, some had more than others. :unsure: I'll keep looking and post up any good ideas. :woohoo:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have the correlle stuff in the upper locker in the racks no problem, proper wine glasses, not Plastic, hanging in the racks, proper mugs, Union Jack motifs, and glass tumblers go into the six pack wine bag for travelling, had a couple of breakages but only when washing up.
And Parksy doesn't drink "Normally", just with friends. :p

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
And Parksy doesn't drink "Normally", just with friends. :p

Somewhat similar for me, I drink normally, binge drinking is normal round these parts, so that makes me normal.

I only drink when in the company of friends or people that I don't know, the rest of the time I drink on my own. :p

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
We use melamine plates but proper glasses and China mugs I tend to put oven gloves in front of them and lock cupboard door have had no breakages and they do not move when traveling.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Now that we rarely rally the melamine and plarstic is on the way out and the china and glassware will be gradually making it's way back into the van. Just need to keep trawling the charity shops for the right stuff. We do keep a couple of builders' mugs in the van incase of guests but Mrs B always has china.

As far as storage we've not had a breakage yet and use the odd towel and roll of kitchen paper to pack things out in the appropriate racks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts