Gloucester services M5

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have had cause to call at the Northbound and Southbound services at Gloucester in the past couple of weeks, without the caravan on tow, but noticed well signed caravan areas, toilets were well signed and clean and modern Certainly seem to be an improvement on existing services.

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
We had an unexpected stop there (generated by our 3 yr old) on the way from Bristol to Edinburgh last year. The shop is awesome in comparison to most services- more like a well stocked farm shop/garden centre than the services. My wife wanted to stop on the way back just to have another look around!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We stopped South bound 2 weeks ago, didnt find it that well signed for vans, turned into HGV park before I noticed them!!!!
I went to the loo, came back sent OH to get a sandwich and coffee and two shortbread biscuits, price........
£18.25, NEVER AGAIN!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
We stopped South bound 2 weeks ago, didnt find it that well signed for vans, turned into HGV park before I noticed them!!!!
I went to the loo, came back sent OH to get a sandwich and coffee and two shortbread biscuits, price........
£18.25, NEVER AGAIN!!
Are you sure 20 *** weren't included :silly:
I suspect the short breads were made in Scotland and you paid a lot for the transport. :)

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
you get what you pay for, don't know about the sannie and coffee from the cafeteria but the farm shop sells top quality local product ,if I'm passing i always pull in,hopefully the quality products with high prices will keep some of the masses at bay.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
DerekBrad said:
Gagakev!!!! Fancy buying food on a motorway!! You youngsters never learn do you.
Hi Derek, we normally take something to eat with us including a flask of coffee on the up wards journey and dont bother on the way back but this time we got peckish and thought a sarnie wont break the bank, how wrong was I!!
Lesson learnt!!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I believe that Glouscester MSA is owned by the same company as Westmorland MSA, which would explain the high quality products.
But also bear in mind that if you buy at an MSA you are not only paying for the goods, but a percentage of the obscenely high rent that the operator is charged, and the wages of dozens of staff needed to keep the place running.
Take your own, or take a diversion off the M way to find smaller shops and cafes.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
With a couple of exceptions already mentioned the superior landlord is Big Dave's Government.
It is mandatory that toilet and rest facilities are provided.
Margins are slim hence the high costs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts