Going away on an impulse

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, we always go away on the spur of the moment, usually it’s when we see forecasts showing good weather expected, I’m not sure what made us decide to go away tomorrow but we decided to go to eye kettleby for 5 days, we rarely go away in caravan in the colder months but it seemed ages since the last trip, so decided early this afternoon and all booked and the few bits we need to put on board are ready and waiting, I even phoned my local dealer on the off chance they had a cheap and cheerful small porch awning as I didn’t fancy erecting the kampa 300 that cost an arm and both legs last summer, got one for £100 looks good as new and it’s a sun camp 220 poled awning which will do perfectly for short trips, it’s light as a feather so I reckon it’ll be up and done in 20 minutes, ideal for domewhere to keep dirty boots and wet coats, who knows this cold weather may turn out to be great.

BP

Oct 27, 2021
Visit site
Hi all, we always go away on the spur of the moment, usually it’s when we see forecasts showing good weather expected, I’m not sure what made us decide to go away tomorrow but we decided to go to eye kettleby for 5 days, we rarely go away in caravan in the colder months but it seemed ages since the last trip, so decided early this afternoon and all booked and the few bits we need to put on board are ready and waiting, I even phoned my local dealer on the off chance they had a cheap and cheerful small porch awning as I didn’t fancy erecting the kampa 300 that cost an arm and both legs last summer, got one for £100 looks good as new and it’s a sun camp 220 poled awning which will do perfectly for short trips, it’s light as a feather so I reckon it’ll be up and done in 20 minutes, ideal for domewhere to keep dirty boots and wet coats, who knows this cold weather may turn out to be great.

BP
Enjoy.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have a Sunncamp 220 AIR ( I think) great little shelter job. Have a good time away.
Nice to see folk getting out, we can't yet waiting for Xray results.
Enjoy it.

Reactions: Tow to tow
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

BP
We have an inflatable 220 air awning that we got for £160 which we use in the winter instead of the Isabella porch.
Make sure you have something to insulate the water pipe if on a fully serviced pitch. We have several pipe lagging insulation covers for our water pipe and it seems to work even in freezing cold weather.
If not on a fully serviced pitch ensure that you have some sort of insulation around the water barrel especially the pump and also empty the waste container every evening.
Otherwise enjoy yourselves as Eye Ketterly is supposed to be first class.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Well the site we are at, eye kettleby, is as good as always, so good that we’ve already booked another trip here towards the end of this month as there’s a show on which is called the “rat pack “ which is a musical evening that speaks for itself, as for the awning I picked up I need to call the dealer I got it from to let him know it’s no good at all, he was straight when I got it, saying it was one they’d taken in px and without getting it all out I bought it as it was and if any problem with it to bring it back, I’ve now found several new cheap and cheerful poled porch awnings for under £150 so I’ll take this one back and as long as the dealer is as good as his word I’ll get my £100 refund and get a new one in time for next trip soon.
STAY SAFE ALL.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I mentioned before how the used cheap awning I’d bought was a none starter, so I spoke to the dealer who have agreed I can get a refund, by shear coincidence I ordered last night on Amazon a Dorema starcamp quick and easy air awning, I’ve ordered the 260, I hadn’t noticed until I’d ordered it that there was another chat regarding this same awning on another topic on here, mine is due to be delivered within about a week and I’ll get to try it out on the 27th when we shall be returning to eye kettleby for a long weekend to take in the rat pack singers night, I’ve heard the shows at kettleby are usually good.
I’ll let you know my thoughts on the DOREMA once we’ve used it at kettleby.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I can’t remember who it was but once before on here eye kettleby was mentioned and there was a reference to something to do with milk shakes and milk related topics, I been here several times now and not heard of anything related so anyone got a clue as to what I might be referring to, maybe it might warrant a visit when we’re back next.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve googled it and found vine farm milk shack, no mention of milk shakes but just fresh milk vending, be good if there is milk shakes but even if it’s just milk I shall be paying a visit as I drink milk all the time, I must down a couple of pints daily.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It was a bit of an annoying thing regarding the awning I said I’d ordered, I ordered a Dorema porch awning at a price of £249 from a major online shopping company, i had a confirmation email but the next morning I had a cancellation email and I needed to go online and re order at a new price of £303, I complained all to no avail having been told the price I’d been quoted was wrong and it was a third party who had listed it at a wrong price and it would not even be in stock until next week, anyway I spoke to the actual dealer selling it and after having a long winded conversation he agreed to drop the price to £268 so still £19 more than the original price but because there seems to be few awnings of the cheap smaller porch types available at all, it went against my better judgment but being unable to get anything better I agreed the new price.

BP

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts