Going off the forum for a bit

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Peeps

Just a quick note, due to technical problems, I shall be away from the forum for a few days. I will be able to post from work during the day. So if anyone emails me, you won't get a reply for a while.

ps. A dangerous savage dog ate through all the cables, destroyed the hard drive and then knocked the screen over and it broke. Then a 4x4 drove over the remains whilst I was loading them into the car on the road.

Regards.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I really am going, I promise.

The kids couldn't see it because it was surrounded by windbreaks and anyway, they were distracted by the noise from the generator. Their parents were absolutely legless and singing till 4am.

The travellers were far too busy taking old Mrs Smith to the bank (no need to drive) to get the money out for the tarmaccing they did on her drive (1cm depth) so they missed that opportunity. However, one of their piebald horses did tread on it and that was the end of that.

Lisa xx

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lol

I'm living close to the edge, even as I type this. I've fallen out with my anti virus protection people. So I'm typing this with no anti virus protection, very dangerous.

Mind you, I am getting a refund so it's off to PC World at some stage.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Upgraded my Norton last year which then "ate" my computer. Have run without ever since.
You rebel. I had a virus a couple of years ago bit expensive to put right.

Don't you have any anti virus protection at all?

Lisa

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lisa dont pay for an anti-virus, get AVG which is free. You can also get the ZoneAlarm firewall free. Both are excellent programmes and Ive run them a few years now with no problems.

I can get Norton free with my ISP but have been told of so many conflicts with it by the Techies at Tech.Support.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too have used Norton, and it slowed everything down and caused software conflicts. I now use AVG free version, which seems to be doing the job OK. Our wireless router acts as a firewall, but I use Windows firewall too. No conflicts.

Scary - I am becoming LB's clone!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mike, I've never ever run Norton but whenever Ive had problems with a Programme or my DSL and ring Tech Support it always seems one of the first questions they ask me is "are you running Norton". I've now become paranoid about it - hehheh! Funnily enough they told me Norton causes conflicts with certain programmes.

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED REPLY DUE TO HIS LORDSHIP TAKING EXTENDED LEAVE FOR ONE MONTH.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mike, I've never ever run Norton but whenever Ive had problems with a Programme or my DSL and ring Tech Support it always seems one of the first questions they ask me is "are you running Norton". I've now become paranoid about it - hehheh! Funnily enough they told me Norton causes conflicts with certain programmes.

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED REPLY DUE TO HIS LORDSHIP TAKING EXTENDED LEAVE FOR ONE MONTH.
I forgot to add that due to my upgrade to Option 3 with BT I get Norton free but chose not to install it because of having ZoneAlarm and AVG - if it aint broke don't fix it :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

LMAO! (Hope your auto reply can read that)

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site

we did have norton now we just get pop ups asking if we want to re-new norton about every 10 mins, if i get a problem now i just ask my 10 year old, she knows a bit more than the tech support boys and dosent keep me hanging in the phone for 25 mins

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts