Golden cap, Dorset.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tim, I havn't stayed at the site for a number of years, perhaps 10 or more but living in Dorset go past it a few times a year.

The facilities were fine when I was last there but don't want to give you any duff gen so can't say what its like to stay but looks fine from the road. The site is at Seatown which has a large pebbled beach,, common for that area ,and is only 150m or so from it. There is a small creek that kids spend lots of time in, making dams etc. There is a pub ( the Smugglers I think) and you can walk to Golden Cap if your feeling fit. It really is a beautiful part of the county, Brideport, West Bay & Lyme Regis are all easy to get to. I can recomment Highlands End at Eype just along the coast but it is at the top of the cliff and perhaps 1km from the beach via the coastal path.

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Ray,it was the closeness to the beach that we liked as we do a bit of kayaking, and the thought of not having to load them on the car to get to the water was appealling, and they also do a fully serviced pitch with hard standing and sea view for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi Tim, Maddi, we stayed Golden Cap sister site Highlands End back in July it was full all the time but unlike a lot of parks at that time of year it didn't feel crowded and there was plenty of space between each pitch even with van/awning/car.The facilities were great toilets,showers were always clean even for this time of year. The view was fantastic from the window down to Portland Bill in one direction to Lyme regis in the other.All the staff we spoke to were friendly and helpful and the on site restaurant and bar would even let you take your dog in.Our three weeks there went far to quickly.I can only assume that their Golden Cap park is to the same high standards. I'm not sure if dogs are allowed on the beach at Seatown in the summer you would be best to check,but they are allowed on the beach at Highlands End and on the beach at West Bay which I think is much nicer. Hope this is of help. Peter W.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi Tim, Maddi, we stayed Golden Cap sister site Highlands End back in July it was full all the time but unlike a lot of parks at that time of year it didn't feel crowded and there was plenty of space between each pitch even with van/awning/car.The facilities were great toilets,showers were always clean even for this time of year. The view was fantastic from the window down to Portland Bill in one direction to Lyme regis in the other.All the staff we spoke to were friendly and helpful and the on site restaurant and bar would even let you take your dog in.Our three weeks there went far to quickly.I can only assume that their Golden Cap park is to the same high standards. I'm not sure if dogs are allowed on the beach at Seatown in the summer you would be best to check,but they are allowed on the beach at Highlands End and on the beach at West Bay which I think is much nicer. Hope this is of help. Peter W.
we don't allow or want dogs

on our beaches at west bay or seatown

in the summer months.

roger

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we don't allow or want dogs

on our beaches at west bay or seatown

in the summer months.

roger
Thanks for that comment Roger its nice to be made so welcome.

And just to put you straight dogs are allowed on the beach at WestBay turn left off the carpark and walk for 100 yds.Pity about the fishermen though.

And a merry christmas to you.

TRENDING THREADS