Good accessory shops

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi, can anyone recommend a really good accessory shop in the midlands (we are in lichfield staffs but are happy to travel a little way). We are picking up a new caravan next weekend so need to get kitted out!! Also if anyone can advise on any essentials we need - we already have an aquaroll but thats about it really. Any advice welcomed. Ta.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't know about shops in your neck of the woods, but mail order is a good idea - www.towsure.com.

There is already a thread on the question of what to take, but I don't find the search facility very useful, so here is my contribution again. Things that will stay in the van -

Battery

Spare wheel + caravan jack

Gas bottle (s)

25m mains cable

Stabiliser

Towing mirrors

Aquaroll or other fresh water container.

Waste water container.

Door step

Security device(s)

Picnic table and chairs

Fire bucket

First aid kit

Sink drainer - see excellent article in PC mag or you could end up buying a pup!

Things you can 'borrow' from home but having them in the van is better -

Crockery & glasses (preferably non-breakable)

Cutlery

Pots and pans

Low wattage kettle

Sleeping bags or duvets

Other essentials listed by other contributors -

Tool kit with basics like different screwdrivers, stanley knife. A cyclists all-in-one toolkit is very versatile.

Membership of at least one of the caravan clubs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can recommend a good on line shop (if the mod will let me)(its in the magazine) http://www.riverswayleisure.co.uk/ Prices are realistic and delivery fast. How much equipment you need is pretty much up to you, just don't go out and buy everything at once. Take time to look around and compare, but the basics are (some you should get with your van)

Waste water carrier and wastewater hose(s)

12v leisure battery

Mains hookup lead

Caravan step

Extra large cool box for alcohol (optional)

Bottles of toilet flush addative etc

That sorts all your services out, the rest just adds to the comfort zone.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi sara, I'm from burton and can recommend a few that are not too far. The best is 'jacksons of old arley' http://www.jacksonscamping.com they have a massive store and is about 8 miles on the other side of tamworth, well worth the travel. the other is in burton 'burton trailer centre' on branston road, smaller but carries all essentials. Definately try jacksons but leave the plastic at home as there is so many tempting items...:)

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your help everyone - useful advice. I think i can see a very expensive weekend coming up!! Just saw ad on tv for a place called go outdoors in coventry so thats worth a try too!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts