Good day had.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
In preparation of along weekend away on Friday, I’ve had a great day tinkering.
Ahead of a full van wash tomorrow, I’ve done my usual clean around the lights (I use a small brush to remove the detritus), mouldings and wheels, that makes tomorrow a much quicker job.
Gave the mover a good workout up and down the drive, made sure I engaged and disengaged several times.
Changed the gas bottle over and went to get a refill, not bad really as that bottle (6kg propane) lasted over 2 years inc use of the Cadac).
Cleaned and lubed the toilet cassette.
Checked the tyres and tyre pressures.

Tomorrow is a full wash, wheel stud torque check and also hook the van on the car, I’ve not towed with the Shogun as yet so best to make sure the electrics work ok plus see if the rig is level (2 settings on towbar so best check)
Missus is tasked with giving the inside a quick hoover and a wipe down, put some tea and coffee etc in and we are all set.
Can’t wait.

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ahead of a full van wash tomorrow, I’ve done my usual clean around the lights (I use a small brush to remove the detritus), mouldings and wheels, that makes tomorrow a much quicker job.
Gave the mover a good workout up and down the drive, made sure I engaged and disengaged several times.
Changed the gas bottle over and went to get a refill, not bad really as that bottle (6kg propane) lasted over 2 years inc use of the Cadac).

Tomorrow is a full wash, wheel stud torque check and also hook the van on the car, I’ve not towed with the Shogun as yet so best to make sure the electrics work ok plus see if the rig is level (2 settings on towbar so best check)
Missus is tasked with giving the inside a quick hoover and a wipe down, put some tea and coffee etc in and we are all set.
Can’t wait.
Hope the trip goes well after your comprehensive preparation.

Reactions: Kevin M
Nov 4, 2020
Visit site

Can’t wait.

1606578516433.gif

Enjoy 😊

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Can’t wait.
Hi Kev i hope you have a great long weekend away there seems alot of preparation to get it ready i think towing with your Shogun a piece of cake.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
There is a bit of prep, normally we would be away every couple of weeks, sadly not this year for any of us.
Better safe than sorry and always nice to tinker.

Kev

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Well, full wash done, hooked up to the car and it all looks great tbh.
Off work tomorrow so hoover and wipe down inside then get some condiments and breakfast stuff in.
With all the lockdown shenanigans of late it’s been really refreshing to get outside and tinker away. Can’t wait for Friday now.

Kev

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, full wash done, hooked up to the car and it all looks great tbh.
Off work tomorrow so hoover and wipe down inside then get some condiments and breakfast stuff in.
With all the lockdown shenanigans of late it’s been really refreshing to get outside and tinker away. Can’t wait for Friday now.

Kev
Hi Kev upload a picture of your outfit before you know it Friday will be here enjoy

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
You must be one of the lucky ones, the only place my van is going now we are moving to tier 3 across 90% of the country is alongside my garage, forward and back a bit to rotate the tyres! Presumably many sites that were extending the season will be closed, but some VERY busy for 5 days after the 23rd! Not even sure if I will be able to get it's annual service done before Christmas that was first booked for the end of October!

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
You must be one of the lucky ones, the only place my van is going now we are moving to tier 3 across 90% of the country is alongside my garage, forward and back a bit to rotate the tyres! Presumably many sites that were extending the season will be closed, but some VERY busy for 5 days after the 23rd! Not even sure if I will be able to get it's annual service done before Christmas that was first booked for the end of October!

We are lucky, van is on the drive so easily accessed and the site is not too far away and in the same county (and we are in Wales).
Our service is due in Dec but I’ve bumped it to January.

Kev

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Well

Back home and all packed away and sorted, system drained and taps open, some ultra low washer fluid in the toilet header (and run through) so that's that until mid January 2021 for us.
First tow with the Shogun was as good as expected, very stable and comfy.

Kev

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well

Back home and all packed away and sorted, system drained and taps open, some ultra low washer fluid in the toilet header (and run through) so that's that until mid January 2021 for us.

Kev
Glad it went well.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well

Kev
Hi Kev i pleased it went well and Shogun was great

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Kev glad it all went well for the weekend, I’m getting ready for a trip this week, we are going Thursday and home Sunday so 3 nights, going to CMHC site at Moreton in Marsh, pictures online look good and a mixed bag of good and not so good reviews, I’m more of a person who briefly looks at reviews but still make my own decision, if I like it we will perhaps go again, if it’s no good, simply won’t go again, really looking forward to Thursday.

BP

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Thanks Beehpee

I've been to Moreton a lot of times, fantastic site and well presented.
Nice walk into the small town (village?)
Although we've stopped there for a week, we normally use it for a stopover when travelling down south.
Enjoy your break

Kev

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Managed to dodge the rain today and got a lovely walk out with Mrs and our Dogs.
Home, watched the F1 start and then out to the van for a bit of running maintenance that needed doing - noticed a screw cap had broken in the shower, thing it took about a minute!.
Bought some Milenco mirrors from an ad in here and they are being delivered tomorrow, my original set have been donated to my daughter and her boyfriend who have just started their caravan adventures.

Kev

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Managed to dodge the rain today and got a lovely walk out with Mrs and our Dogs.
Home, watched the F1 start and then out to the van for a bit of running maintenance that needed doing - noticed a screw cap had broken in the shower, thing it took about a minute!.
Bought some Milenco mirrors from an ad in h d they are being delivered tomorrow, my original set have been donated to my daughter and her boyfriend who have just started their caravan adventures.

Kev
Hi Kev Glad the day had been successful and you achieved all you hoped for, second generation caravanners now with your daughter and partner beginning their own adventures. What is their first caravan and will you experience any holidays together?

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
They love it BB,
They have bought a Lunar, fixed bed and in lovely condition. To tow it, they have just bought a newish Ford Wildtrack, it’s 3.2 auto. Superb vehicle to be fair.
They are coming down to the New Forest with us for the first week of our holiday in September but are stopping in Milford on Sea, we are in Black Knowl.

Kev

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Good grief that is one heck of a towcar. They'll need to visit the pumps a bit but honestly they'll need to be careful not to pull the chassis off the van!!!!! Lovely hope they enjoyb it as much as we do.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
They love it BB,
They have bought a Lunar, fixed bed and in lovely condition. To tow it, they have just bought a newish Ford Wildtrack, it’s 3.2 auto. Superb vehicle to be fair.
They are coming down to the New Forest with us for the first week of our holiday in September but are stopping in Milford on Sea, we are in Black Knowl.

Kev
Great outfit, hoping that this will be the start of many holidays together........enjoy..:)

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
We were due to attend a classic car show today but it was cancelled at late notice due to the dreaded Rhona.
Not to worry, we nipped to Oswestry for some supplies and a spot of breakfast..lovely.
Got home and, as it was cool and overcast, I decided to do the dreaded Roof clean on the van.
Now, off up the ladder, armed with fenwicks, sponge, brush etc.
Pretty manky up there but I was quite surprised how easy it all came up spotless, once done I finished it off with some Autoglym spray on ceramic coating.
Decided that as it had been so easy to do, I gave the van a full wash with the Autoglym polar blast finished off with the same spray on coating.
Fantastic job to get done.

Kev

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We were due to attend a classic car show today but it was cancelled at late notice due to the dreaded Rhona.
Not to worry, we nipped to Oswestry for some supplies and a spot of breakfast..lovely.
Got home and, as it was cool and overcast, I decided to do the dreaded Roof clean on the van.
Now, off up the ladder, armed with fenwicks, sponge, brush etc.
Pretty manky up there but I was quite surprised how easy it all came up spotless, once done I finished it off with some Autoglym spray on ceramic coating.
Decided that as it had been so easy to do, I gave the van a full wash with the Autoglym polar blast finished off with the same spray on coating.
Fantastic job to get done.

Kev
I’ve used standard Autoglym for years and also the Aqua wax which I’ve found very good. But these new ones look to be worth using. My problem being that a friend has just given me a load of Autoglym products all unused but they came with his new car which had been given the pre delivery paint and interior treatment. Might be a while then before I get onto ceramic and polar options. 😂

Reactions: Kevin M and JezzerB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts