Good idea?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have driven and towed in Germany a number of times but do not remember being in a significant traffic jam.

I saw this on Facebook, (posted in Australia). So not sure if it is a fact. However, it makes good sense to me.

IMG_1521.jpeg

Such a rule might have helped when I towed through Pilsner in The Czech Republic. Just ahead a lorry hit a car, Not much damage but a big jam forming. Evidently, they are not allowed to move the vehicles until the police say they can. But how do the police get there? In my case, there was a gap, and the lorry driver tried to guide me through. but at first, he had not noticed that I had the van on the back. Cars did managed to edge over to provide enough room. :)

John

Reactions: Hutch
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Yes that's how they do it in Germany.
I can remember a police helicopter flying over the stationary motorway traffic with booming message telling everyone to leave access space as shown in your pic some years ago.
To be fair though it doesn't need that sort of guidance - only this summer traffic slowed to a crawl and everyone moved apart simply to be in the right place should the crawl require emergency attendance.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Several years ago we were traveling up the M1 from J13 to J17. J 15 was blocked off people were going up the hard shoulder hoping to get back into the main carriageway, but it was totally blocked off. You couldn't let folk in as the traffic was not moving. Total stoppage for 3 hours plus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts