Good result

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
We arrived home Saturday having been to Mablethorpe for 3 weeks and it was fabulous to be on the road, couldn’t fault the time away but it gave us time to look to the future and thought on changing the caravan so we get an easier life, we discussed various changes we’d like and bailey Rimini seems to tick all the boxes that we want so yesterday I thought I’d test the saleability of current van so put it on fleebay and an hour later it was sold and at a price I am pleased with, sold for 2500 less than we paid 4.5 years ago, so as title says good result, if anyone gets wind of a rimini 2016/18 no later than 18 because layout seems to change after 2018, I’m looking find one in next month with any luck.
BP

Reactions: Parksy and JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We arrived home Saturday having been to Mablethorpe for 3 weeks and it was fabulous to be on the road, couldn’t fault the time away but it gave us time to look to the future and thought on changing the caravan so we get an easier life, we discussed various changes we’d like and bailey Rimini seems to tick all the boxes that we want so yesterday I thought I’d test the saleability of current van so put it on fleebay and an hour later it was sold and at a price I am pleased with, sold for 2500 less than we paid 4.5 years ago, so as title says good result, if anyone gets wind of a rimini 2016/18 no later than 18 because layout seems to change after 2018, I’m looking find one in next month with any luck.
BP
Did the buyers even come to see it?

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
No viewing but I sent loads of pics and was totally honest so of course there’s a chance they might not turn up or try to knock me down on price but I’ve told him cash on collection and no haggling on the day but we’ll see,
I actually let this guy have it and I’d had an offer that was 500 more, this guy spoke about his wife and kids being excited whereas the 500 more offer was a dealer as I could tell by his reviews, so he’d have definitely tried knocking me down, I put it on and took it off when I got the offer an hour later, I might well have done more if I’d left it to run the 9 day auction as when I closed it I’d had 6 offers from 3k to 4K and I had 12 watchers, I might have been a bit soft but when his mail mentioned his wife and kids were really excited it touched my soft side and I took his offer, if he gets here and I don’t think he’s genuine or tries haggling he will get sent away with a few choice words and ill put it back on for sale, we was going to wait until next spring initially so I’m not desperate so I won’t have any hesitation to tell him where to go.

Reactions: otherclive
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The Rimini we fancy has 4 things we decided we must have, 4 berth with 2 twin beds as we've-had enough of one of us having to climb over the other because the fixed bed has one side against the wall, 2nd must have is a full size fridge as we often have to take a portable fridge, one that works on 12/240 and gas and it’s great but a pain in the butt cos it’s heavy, so that’s 2 things that will make life easier, 3rd is we want a decent bathroom with a decent shower and loo that have good access as we got on great using on board facilities and I’ve sworn I won’t use site showers or loos from here on, can’t beat your own lavi can you, and finally, our little ShihTzu who we treat like a child likes to sit looking out the front window so a table there she can sit on and do so is also a must, i doubt caravanners who aren’t dog lovers will understand but plenty will, my reason for wanting a 2016/18 Rimini is because after 18 the fridge goes back to small under worktop size and I think we lose the 2 singles.

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Two things that sold us on the Verona are your requirements-good size fridge and it is a good one-make sure the handle works ok-the springs can break-the handle releases the catch so it stays shut on travel too. And the front window-great light airy -we loved the seats-never found a caravan with back support that came so far up-before or since-not sure why they weren't continued (but the basses do creep forward-may be some velcro at the back). You can get a specific tv bracket that slides out from behind the fridge-purpose designed and we liked the shark fin bolster for the front seats. Great caravans.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Bephee, you must be a real,soft touch ! Dogs have "normally " four paws, so stay on the floor , until after a few beers.
I am glad you have found the benifits of caravan showers , no damp towels wet shower floors. ****** left my shower g,el behind.
Our Coachman 560 is the best so far just wish the payload could be better.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The Rimini we fancy has 4 things we decided we must have, 4 berth with 2 twin beds as we've-had enough of one of us having to climb over the other because the fixed bed has one side against the wall, 2nd must have is a full size fridge as we often have to take a portable fridge, one that works on 12/240 and gas and it’s great but a pain in the butt cos it’s heavy, so that’s 2 things that will make life easier, 3rd is we want a decent bathroom with a decent shower and loo that have good access as we got on great using on board facilities and I’ve sworn I won’t use site showers or loos from here on, can’t beat your own lavi can you, and finally, our little ShihTzu who we treat like a child likes to sit looking out the front window so a table there she can sit on and do so is also a must, i doubt caravanners who aren’t dog lovers will understand but plenty will, my reason for wanting a 2016/18 Rimini is because after 18 the fridge goes back to small under worktop size and I think we lose the 2 singles.
I also like the Bailey Rimini because the twin beds are brilliant i could have a afternoon nap the full size fridge would be great i hope you get one in the next month don"t hang around they seem to sell fast .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts