Good Satellite Signal But No Picture

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
When we go away we take the Sky box from the house. I have a 60cm dish. When I set it up with the sat meter I can get a full signal on the meter but no picture on the TV. When I go into the sky box settings it is reading nearly 100% Quality and 100% Strength, but still no picture. Any ideas ?

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi Paul

This may sound silly but last year a friend of ours had the same problem and all it was he had the TV on the wrong AV channel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As Lutz says, check which satellite you are aligned on.

Astra on 28.2 degrees should produce the following data on "System Test" panel:

Lock Indicator = OK

Network ID = 0002

Transport Stream = 07d4

If the Transport Stream is other than 07d4, then you are pointing at the wrong satellite.

Another thing that can give similar results to those that you experience is if your dish is pointing directly at an immovable object.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi. I have had this problem several times and as already has been mentioned I was on the wrong satellite. Switch everything off for 30 seconds and try again, Go to www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk where this issue is covered.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul

I've been using sky whilst away for the last 6 years . I don't bother with the sat meter. Unless you have the really expensive one that tells you which satellite you are on the rest are a waste of time and money.

Use a good compass eg a Maxview Omnisat.

Rod has given you the details you need to see on your tv screen to be sure you are corectly aligned with Astra 2.

When you say you have 100% Signal strength and quality what do you see under Network ID and Transport Stream?

From what you describe I think you are locking onto the wrong satellite.

Also make sure you have the LNB skew angle correctly set per the manufacturers instructions. Check you have the dish angle of elevation set for your geographic location.

Cheers

Dustdyog

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Our second hand sky box we use in the van needs switching off then back on again when we get the signals up to an accepable level, as it comes up with no satalite being recieved!!! when we do this all is well

kevin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts