Good tyres for Van 1650 MTMLP

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I am firmly of the ' buy the best' tyre in terms of cars. They can save your life. Hadfronts on a car I bought and the lack of grip made me change them asap. On a caravan however grip isn't an issue is it? With 60 the max and no one going to exceed corner grip of any EU approved tyre or aquaplaning since the car would go first due width, I won't be seeking a premium tyre when we change. Or am I wrong? I think budget should be fine.
I don't think premium tyres are necessary on a caravan however mid range should be okay. On our Corolla which is only used around town, budget tyres are fine however the Jeep gets premium tyres.

Reactions: JezzerB
Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
My local independent tyre man will only recommend Hankook Vantra LT tyres for caravan fitment. He’s very reliable and I’ve had them on 2 vans now.
Great tyres and reasonable cost.

Kev

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My local independent tyre man will only recommend Hankook Vantra LT tyres for caravan fitment. He’s very reliable and I’ve had them on 2 vans now.
Great tyres and reasonable cost.

Kev
Many years ago we had a new caravan that was fitted with Hankook tyres and they had to be replaced within tow years due to cracking etc. We would now avoid Hankooks even if they have improved 100%. Another brand I do not trust from personal experience is Dunlop.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Many years ago we had a new caravan that was fitted with Hankook tyres and they had to be replaced within tow years due to cracking etc. We would now avoid Hankooks even if they have improved 100%. Another brand I do not trust from personal experience is Dunlop.
Over the years, I've found that brand reputation/prejudice is quickly out-dated and relying on historical performance is no clue to future performance - same as country of origin especially as so many big brands sell products made in China.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts