Gowerton CC Site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are planning on going to Gowerton CC Site in July, I'm sure the site is up to usual CC standards, but what is the surrounding area like? Is there plenty to do? we like taking the dog and going for a long walk. Any comments on the site and surrounding area would be appreaciatied.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julian I have never been to the Gowerton site but the surrounding Gower coast line is very beautiful and natural. There are no holiday set ups such as Blackpool. If you like walking with the dog why not go a little further west to the Pembrey CC. This area is fantastic for walking and cycling. The Pembrey Country Park and beach is again as nature intended and is enormous. There is also the Millenium Coastal Path which runs for miles along the coast past Llanelli. Given the right weather this area of south Wales cannot be beaten.

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Went to Gowerton over the Bank Holiday Weekend. Site is indeed up to the usual standards - but a few minor warnings!!

1.A reasonably busy road runs alongside the site.

2.The railway line is VERY close. On the on-site dog walk the trains are less than 30 feet away at times.

Neither of these things were bad enough to stop us visiting the site again, but a further discovery has marred things a little.

There is unlocked gate access to the local playing fields adjacent the site, which we initially thought was great for walking the dog/kicking a football about with our 4 year old. However there were local youths there on 2 separate occasions screaming up and down the fields on a motorbike, and others hanging around inside the children's playground (NOT the one on the site). My husband was not happy to leave anything outside the van after this, even during the day.

I would also be curious to know how often the local petrol remote-control car group frequent another stretch of land adjacent to the site? The cars were pretty noisy and the loud hailer system quite irritating - and this event went on for all 3 days. They also have a small bridge to view their cars from which overlooks the caravans!!

We are going to try Pembrey next - but whilst I know I have given a negative view of the site, I'm sure we will go again (maybe during the week). Rhossili beach was fantastic for walking the dog - she didn't move a muscle afterwards back at the van!!

Lesley

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
I have to agree with the rest Pembrey is a much better site (even though we live 2 miles from Gowerton).

We will be going to Pembrey this whitsun for the third year running.Hubby works nearby so he can travel back and forth.It is a wonderful place if you like to take the dog for long walks, you have the beach,woods or the country park to choose from.In Gowerton you would have to travel in the car a lot more.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Both our kids are at uni in Swansea, so we have stayed at Gowerton a couple of times to visit them. On one occasion we stayed for a week. OK - if, like us, you had plenty to do and just used the site as a base. I agree about the model cars, tho' - very noisy. Also, the site is a brownfield one with severe drainage problems in wet weather.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you've been a bit harsh on Gowerton. True, Pembrey is more attractive and the facilities are superb. However, Gowerton is in a great location for all of the Gower and the facilities Swansea has to offer. The site is up to usual standards and whilst you will here some trains I didn't find them disturbing. I was there a month ago and would certainly go back there. Also, there are some very good pubs to eat in a short drive away. Whichever site you go to, I don't think you will be disappointed. Best Wishes, George T.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts