GPS tracker March magazine

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Interesting article by Nigel Hutson. Of course he was given the tracker by the supplier but did not mention you can buy similar and fit your own SIM card without a £6 monthly subscription. My impression is that insurance companies are only interested in discounting Thatcham approved devices as they are also part of the Thatcham organisation.
I bought a device s few years ago at a Caravan show which was very fiddly to operate and was too sensitive even on the lowest setting! It sits in its box sending me a message every few months. Needless to say the company has disappeared. BTW my caravan is stored in a100% secure fortress.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The best Tracking device money can buy is only ever going to be as good as the installation, most tracking systems that are sold with installation in with the price are not fitted particularly well because the companies rarely have employed technicians and the price these companies are prepared to pay sub contract fitters is derisory, a consequence of this is the kits get fitted in as short a time as possible, rushed jobs mean poorly hidden devices that the low life stealing caravans and cars can easily locate the units rendering them useless, even Tracker Network, who were once the market leaders in tracking systems and who used to be one of the few companies that had a fleet of employed engineers now sub contract all the fitting out.
As for the OP having his caravan stored in a 100% secure fortress I doubt there is such a thing, I expect the people who had all their millions stored in the safety deposit in London thought the same until the pensioners who robbed the place bored a big hole into it and nicked it all.
Doesn’t matter what you do if the thieves want it badly enough they’ll have it.

BP

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Trackers do work but are not infallible. Assuming you have no signs indicating a tracker then the chances are thieves will miss it and the system operates there is a good chance of a quick recovery. Frankly if it is not recovered within a couple of days then you are unlikely to see it again.
I agree there is no such thing as total security in a storage site. The weak point in the fortress approach is always going to be the gate with someone able to overcome whatever the arrangements are.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I went to a storage site sometime ago, probably 20 years ago, it consisted of several metal barns that were locked, there was in effect only one approach road as around the rest there was a drainage ditch about a metre deep and also a fence, a locked gate at the entrance completed the security, they got raided overnight and the thieves cut a hole in the fence, then put scaffold planks across the drainage ditch, used an angle grinder to cut a hole in the side of the metal barn and then proceeded to rob, every caravan of whatever was in there, TV’s, awnings, radios etc etc, they cleared out every caravan there, luckily they only cleared out one of the barns and I never had to visit the site again so I don’t know if anyone was ever caught or if they went back and did the other barns, you can imagine the damage done to the caravans getting into them.

BP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts